my son

I'm giving my son stage 2 foods.He's about to be 8 months. When do I start giving him stage 3? Also when should I start giving him fruit juice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:06 PM on May. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'd give 3 when he has both bottom and top teeth.He doesn't ever NEED juice,but you can give him a little now diluted.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 1:08 PM on May. 3, 2010

• Give it to him when he is ready for it, try it and see how he does, does he gag or start to choke? If not he is ready. DD is 8 mo and is on all table food, she couldnt stand baby food. As for the juice PP is right they never NEED it but I give DD very diluted down juice because sometimes she is just thirsty and she drinks about 32 oz of formula a day on top of the table food so I know she doesnt need any more
    Nicsone

Answer by Nicsone at 2:06 PM on May. 3, 2010

• i was told never to give kids fruit juice till they are at least a year old. and that was from my doc back in 2006.
    BUDDHASBABY1

Answer by BUDDHASBABY1 at 2:11 PM on May. 3, 2010

• We went straight from stage 2 to table foods around 8 months. My son didn't have juice until he was over a year, and only very rarely now but I have heard some pediatricians say it's okay around 6 months (diluted)

Answer by missanc at 2:28 PM on May. 3, 2010

• My son never like baby food, he went right to homemade food. And by 8 months was eating what I ate. He did have one 6 oz glass of half water diluted juice a day at that age.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:58 PM on May. 3, 2010

• You don't ever HAVE to do either. You can start soft table food when he's ready, and juice isn't necessary.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 3:51 PM on May. 3, 2010

• I never used stage 3 foods. I hear a lot of moms talk about their kids choking or gagging when they try to use them and this is because the half mush half chunks is confusing to the baby, they are not sure of what they have in their mouth! Just start giving baby pea sized pieces of food that he ca pick up and feed himself.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 6:07 PM on May. 3, 2010