Are you ever afraid that you will loose it all?

Been feeling depressed lately, cant find a job, DH makes plenty for me to stay home. But what happens if he looses his job and we loose it all. Freaks me out, cant stop thinking about it. UGH

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:12 PM on May. 3, 2010 in Money & Work

• There was a point when I pretty much did lose it. My DH was laid off in March of '09. My DD was only 2 weeks old at the time and my son was 19 months old. It was beyond our belief. He did get a job 6 weeks later, but he is now only making HALF of what he used to make. I'm now working from home to help us out, and we're working our way up to where we used to be!! :-)

Make sure you're prepared for things like this. Our savings helped us out for about 6 months. Talk with you Hubby about your concerns. The two of you should come up with a plan in case God forbid something should happen.

Best Wishes!
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 1:16 PM on May. 3, 2010

• Congrats on coming to the reality that no job is secure.

Financial freedom is notfound by punching the time clock. You can get rid othis insecurity by doing something for yourselfs.

Get out of the rat race!

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 2:05 PM on May. 3, 2010

• I had exactly that happen. SO had a $22/hr job and he lost it on April 7th. Luckily I had recently started working from home. I was able to keep our heads above water and more while waiting for unemployment(just one week after starting out). He may or may not find another job that pays that well, but either way we will be fine because I finally found something that works. LOL. Sounds corny yet, very true story.
    If you want info on what I have found that works, or you need ANYTHING at all let me know and I will be glad to help. Just send me a message here on cafemom.
    My Yahoo IM is xxmandyraexx09. Dont be afraid to drop me a line. I know that you are just looking for advice/info, and I know you may or may not be interested so I will not harrass you with something you are not interested in. LOL.
    xxmandyraexx

Answer by xxmandyraexx at 3:58 PM on May. 3, 2010

• You can't completely prevent job loss- but you can make it so that your family is better prepared to handle it. Pay off your debt, stash away a huge emergency fund and start living below your means now. We're actually not worried about losing it all since we are debt free and have an emergency fund. If worse comes to worse, we know we can survive for a long time off of a minimum wage job. Now that is PEACE.

Check out DaveRamsey.com for more information.
    Anonymous