what's the cost?...

...to have a male dog fixed?..we took our dog to the vet the other day and they said that one of his "boys" hasn't dropped and that if we don't take care of it, it can be cancerous...i'm concerned and want to get it done soon..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:13 PM on May. 3, 2010 in Pets

• i got my grandmother to take mine and it was ten dollars. Seniors get a discount.
    Anonymous

• Talk to your local SPCA (google it) normally is it a minimal fee, and based on how much anesthesia is used- the size of your dog determines the cost. You must have proof of vaccination as well.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:19 PM on May. 3, 2010

• how much are the vaccinations?..we found him, so everything we found out about him was at the vet..
    Anonymous

• Our vet goes by weight, the more they weigh, the more it costs. It was 80.00 for our Collie, she was about 6 months old, and that included everything. I didn't think it was a bad deal.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 1:21 PM on May. 3, 2010

• Oh and having them vaccinated was about 50.00..
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 1:22 PM on May. 3, 2010

• Do a little googling, and see if there is a mobile vaccination clinic in your area soon. They often run from early spring to late fall, and are performed by licensed vets, is completely legal, and very inexpensive. You could get all vaccinations for around $20. Some vets offices will charge as much as $50 just for rabies.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:30 PM on May. 3, 2010

• I think I paid $150 for my dog but he's a big boy. They charge by their weight I think for the anasthesia.
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 1:36 PM on May. 3, 2010

• anesthesia* lol
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 1:37 PM on May. 3, 2010

• If he is cryptorchid it wi cost alot more. where I work we charge by weight then add $100 for being cryptorchid. I live in a small town and we are really cheap compared to the larger town 0 miles away. There you could expect to pay 3-$500
    staciaw

Answer by staciaw at 1:48 PM on May. 3, 2010

• $50 for vaccines!!! The animal clinic I take my dog to charged like $20 and that was for rabies, a full checkup, and I think heartworm meds. Maybe SC is cheap. lol.
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 1:31 AM on May. 4, 2010