I don't know how to answer! Suggestions?

My baby is turning one next week and everyone wants to know what to get her, what does she need etc.

She is one! She really doesn't NEED anything what are some ideas of what to tell people to get her? What were your favorite gifts?

chefronswife

Asked by chefronswife at 1:37 PM on May. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

• Books. Those are always my favorite because my daughter loves to read, and you can never have too many kids books :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:38 PM on May. 3, 2010

• Hands on toys, things she can learn from at her age level.. Or maybe her first baby, something she can love and cuddle with...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 1:39 PM on May. 3, 2010

• For my boys I loved the oversized crayons that way we could draw together. Also I loved the books because we could cuddle up next to each other and read.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 1:41 PM on May. 3, 2010

• Savings bond for her future

Answer by admckenzie at 1:48 PM on May. 3, 2010

• Money for her savings account.. that's what I always asked for - our son is 2-1/2 and from birthday and christmas's and our help, he has more in his account than we have in ours..lol!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:06 PM on May. 3, 2010

• Well I did try to say tactfully that she does have a savings account and that money is always a good gift - it is the right size, the right color lol! Yeah so far no takers - apparently everyone wants to get her a toy!
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 2:22 PM on May. 3, 2010

• DD's first b-day is this week and I told everyoe please no more toys... we have too many... lol but that she needs clothing in all sizes up... or books... otherwise ask them to pick out something they think she would like
    mamachef694

Answer by mamachef694 at 2:48 PM on May. 3, 2010

• I told my family books. Children can never own enough books. By the time my DS was born I had already purchased over 250 different children's books. He got another 50 or so for his first birthday from family and friends.
    3gifts.from.god

Answer by 3gifts.from.god at 2:55 PM on May. 3, 2010

• Books are always good. My son is 17 months and loves his Leapfrog My Pal Scout (they have a purple "Violet" one for girls). It's a stuffed animal that you hook up to the computer and program his name, favorite songs, favorite foods, etc. and then it sings little songs, says hello to your child using his name, etc. It's really cute

Answer by missanc at 3:32 PM on May. 3, 2010

• books!

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 3:52 PM on May. 3, 2010