Healthy lunch ideas for myself and son

I recently started to cook and eat healthier for myself and my family. My question is does anyone know any lunch ideas? I think i got breakfast and dinner covered, but lunch i am at a loss. I am a sahm to a 13 month old. I was thinking maybe a shake or something for my lunch but i do not know if those are healthy. Anyone have any healthy lunches or shakes for ideas for both of us? Thanks

aidensmyangel

Asked by aidensmyangel at 1:42 PM on May. 3, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• We have left overs from our healthy dinners a lot for lunch, and we also eat sandwiches on 100% whole wheat bread (with all natural lunch meats and cheeses, lowfat peanutbutter or mayo), salads and fruit are always a nice addition to lunchtime. Egg salad is good (made with reduced fat mayo, of course), chicken salad, a salad with chicken in it lol...

Just try to make whole grains the focus if you're not eating left overs, and add 2 servings of either fruits or veggies.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:48 PM on May. 3, 2010

• We don't generally eat a hot breakfast, because everyone is so busy trying to get ready for school so for lunch for myself and my 17 month old I will sometimes cook "breakfast" (pancakes, scrambled eggs, toast, etc), also we eat pasta salad a bit, yogurt, fresh fruit, sandwiches. Lunch for us is just kind of whatever I can throw together out of what I have here - leftovers from last night's supper are something we eat often as well.

Answer by missanc at 2:42 PM on May. 3, 2010

• Green smoothies could be a great lunch for both you and your son. Nutritious, healthy and you can make sure you are getting a good size calorie by making a large smoothie. A simple smoothie would be 3-5 bananas, a few handfuls of spinach, some water and blend. Look online for some great recipes. There is also a group on here with smoothie ideas.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 3:02 PM on May. 3, 2010

• I have a huge list of lunch ideas. Send me a message offlist if you would like a copy.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:08 PM on May. 3, 2010