Would you allow a disrespectful child back to your house?

My good friend has 2 boys that play with my kids. Mainly the oldest comes over but once in awhile the 11 yr old comes too. He is rude, disrespectful, and knows no boundaries. He doesn't have a dad living in the home so I know he lacks male discipline. The thing is that he doesn't get how rude he is. He does it all jokingly. The last straw though was yesterday he FLICKED my husband's head with his fingers and laughed like a mad man. My husband was just in a horrible motorcycle crash so he was kinda stuck in the chair getting abused by this kid. I took him home and called his mom later to tell her. I don't want to hurt our friendship but that kid just isn't welcome.

Orionsgirl

Asked by Orionsgirl at 1:42 PM on May. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

• Correct him. Let his Mom know what's happening, and make sure it is clear that in your house, he follows your rules. She can either pick him up immediately or back you up in diciplining him accordingly. That's how it goes in my house.
    3gifts.from.god

Answer by 3gifts.from.god at 2:45 PM on May. 3, 2010

• How will he learn if we don't teach them how we want to be treated in our home? You may be the only one who cares about his behavior and may very well be the one to guide him on how to properly behave.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:44 PM on May. 3, 2010

• Boys do not need a male figure around to get disiplined. Women can disipline just as good. if a child is in my house. I do not care whos child it is. I will tell them to stop doing what they are doing.

Answer by louise2 at 1:49 PM on May. 3, 2010

• Oh yeah! I would have done the same... I would have sent his little disrespectful self back home!! I don't want my kids picking up bad habits!

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 1:52 PM on May. 3, 2010

• Well, there are still right and wrong whether the father figure is there or not and even then, that's not YOUR issue - most kids at 11 especially know how its ok to act somewhere. I would talk to your friend about this and decide where to go from what she says.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:17 PM on May. 3, 2010

• What the heck does not having a dad at home have to do with the boy's lack of discipline. I take offense to that statement, as I am a single mom.

Anonymous

• At 11 years old, he should know how to act in someone's home. Does he act that way at school? If I were to allow him into my home again, I would tell him as soon as his feet hit the doorstep the rules in my home. I'd also let him know that if he disobeyed any of them, he'd be going home immediately!!
    Anonymous

• I would make sure both he and his mother know why it is he is not allowed back in my house and would make it clear he has to prove himself respectful (over a long period of time) before he will be allowed to come back. He would absolutely not set foot back in my house until he has apologized and proved that he knows the meaning of the word respect.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 2:45 PM on May. 3, 2010

• no.

rudeand or disrespectful children do not get invited back to my house. the parent also gets a reason.

a friends kids dug holes all through my back yard, and stuck their fingers into the fresh drywall mud in my livingroom (which my kids know not to even think about touching). I let her know and have never invited them over ever again. she's asked and I had to decline.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 3:16 PM on May. 3, 2010

• The first time I would call and speak with the parent(s).

The second time the child would NOT be allowed back over unless the parent would be there to supervise. If they still acted like a little a$$ with their parent(s) there I would simply not allow them in my home at all.
    kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 3:27 PM on May. 3, 2010