Removing urine smell from a room

How do I remove this smell from the room? I have plastic covers on the bed and wash the linens every morning. I wash the plastic covers down with cleanser after removing linen. I have cleaned the carpet. Air fresheners and carpet fresheners only last so long. I open the window and put a fan in to pull in the fresh air, but nothing seems to remove the smell all of the way? HELP please.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:57 PM on May. 3, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Put a bowl of vinegar out in the room. The vinegar will absorb the odors.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 3:01 PM on May. 3, 2010

• Febreeze. A cup of baking soda in the room.
    Anonymous

• How is the urine getting there or how did it get there? The urine may be in the carpet padding. If it is, you should remove padding and get new carpet/flooring.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 4:57 PM on May. 3, 2010

• The sell a spray called "kids and pets" ....just spray on and let dry... It works good! I got it at Shoprite.
    Sunshine201

Answer by Sunshine201 at 5:47 PM on May. 3, 2010

• vinegar and baking soda.. obviously not together (if you've ever made a valcano experiment you'd know why).. but i put vinegar into my carpet cleaner, then went back and sprinkled with baking soda.. let set, and vaccumed up. This was with cat urine, which has a WAY stronger smell.
    AudlyLuvly

Answer by AudlyLuvly at 6:16 PM on May. 3, 2010

• There is a product sold at many pet stores called Nature's Miracle. It breaks down the enzymes that makes things like vomit & urine stink.
    mrsderekjeter

Answer by mrsderekjeter at 9:24 AM on May. 4, 2010

• Take the carpet up. Get a spray bottle with clorox in it. half water/ half clorox spray the room down. I promise you, you do this just a few days , this room will not be smelling any more.
    jana741

Answer by jana741 at 8:04 PM on May. 5, 2010

• Use Borax and make a paste out of it and leave it sit...then vacuume up the smell and the spot are gone!!!
    decorating

Answer by decorating at 4:03 PM on Jun. 17, 2010