Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

lost my mom two-WEEKS ago, how do I handle that????

I have an disbility with my body so I can't work? My abusive boy friend thru my out of his house knowing I didn't have a place to live. I don't know how I can survive with all of this on my shouldlers. I don't have any money to get a job on line.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 2:09 PM on May. 3, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

Answers (9)
  • I am so sorry for the loss of you Mom. You need to contact as many resources as possible to help you get on your feet. Get on food stamps. If you are not on disability, start the process now.

    Answer by pnwmom at 2:16 PM on May. 3, 2010

  • I'm so sorry sweetie. Go to a battered women's shelter. They will help you find resources so that you can live on your own in an abuse-free environment. They will also be able to provide counseling for you and help you get on your feet.


    Answer by Anonymous at 2:50 PM on May. 3, 2010

  • Turn to Yahweh, and trust that he will take care of you. Death is a curse that we must all live with, and my heart goes out to you. The boyfriend situation sounds like a blessing to me. Yahweh will take care of you, just have faith and pray. Blessings..
    I will also keep you in my prayers.

    Answer by Daphna28 at 3:11 PM on May. 3, 2010

  • I encourage you to go to a shelter , they can help you find the resources you need. Do you have any friends or family you can turn to offline?

    Answer by Shaneagle777 at 3:12 PM on May. 3, 2010

  • Daphna, God helps those who help themselves. Pray but also get out there and get to a shelter or call the shelter to come and get you.

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:46 PM on May. 3, 2010

  • Find a shelter to live in. The police dept. will be able to tell you where to go if you don't know how to find it in a telephone book. Consult the child and adult welfare services in your city. They can help you moneywise and advise you if you need to apply for social security benefits (many disabled children and adults qualify for money from this governmental agency). They can probably help you find a job that would be suitable to your disability. Your mother has crossed over and I know how hard this is for a child--of ANY age--to deal with. My own mother has been gone nearly two years now. But you need to stand on your own two feet now--mentally at least. Start moving. Start looking for the help. It IS there.

    Answer by witchqueen at 3:49 PM on May. 3, 2010

  • Anon- I would believe you but I know for a fact that it does not say that anywhere in the bible. Prove me wrong if you can.

    OP- Yahweh will help you regardless of whatever anyone else think they know. Also I am not against going to a shelter I was just suggesting to turn to Yahweh where ever you go. Blessings..

    Answer by Daphna28 at 4:06 PM on May. 3, 2010

  • I'm so sorry 4 the loss of your mom. My mom passed 2 years ago and yes it's hard but it will get easier... you will always miss her but the pain of the loss does get better. Allow yourself ti cry and miss her and grieve.. it will take time. As others have said, definitely find a woman's shelter that assist battered women, they will help you. Also, I am saying a prayer for you right now that you will find peace and comfort. God is there for you and loves you and will give you peace.

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:58 PM on May. 3, 2010

  • I am so sorry for your loss, the suggestions they have given here are all good ones, seek help quick.

    Answer by older at 5:23 PM on May. 3, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.