How did you meet your SO?

I met my DH in an AOL chatroom called "I love older men". We've been together for almost 8 years and have one 15 month old son and a suprise on the way.

Christina2135

Asked by Christina2135 at 2:13 PM on May. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• He IM'd me on Yahoo and the rest is history

Answer by admckenzie at 2:14 PM on May. 3, 2010

• Through a mutual friend. Someone told him "That girl won't date ANYONE!" So he made it his goal to take me out, and the rest is history.
    mama2br00ke

Answer by mama2br00ke at 2:17 PM on May. 3, 2010

• My hubs and I met thru my best friend's Aunt Bev. My best friend was visiting her Aunt for the summer and I was over at her Aunt's house a lot and got to know her. Well a few days after my friend went home Aunt Bev called me and said "I work with this guy, he would be perfect for you". So she gave him my # and he called me the next night. We met a few days later and hit it off. That was 20 yrs ago and this June marks our 19th wedding anniversary.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 2:18 PM on May. 3, 2010

• the classic, 'at a bar'...though not under the circumstances most would think! our friend owned the bar and he was the only one in the area that would have the raider games on, there was a large group of raider fans that would come every sunday to watch the games, we met through my kids' dad, haha.
    kyuteangl88

Answer by kyuteangl88 at 2:20 PM on May. 3, 2010

• we were neighbors almost 14 years ago. :)
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 2:20 PM on May. 3, 2010

• On a blind date. And we have been together ever sense for three years.
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 2:20 PM on May. 3, 2010

• We met in high school. At boces. I saw him and wanted to be with him. We were dating the next week and have been for almost 4yrs now.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 2:21 PM on May. 3, 2010

• 23 years ago, we were both alternates on our instruments for All-State band. Because they didn't need us, the weekend was free for us to wander around the campus of the University hosting the Clinic. His friend and I played the same odd instrument and therefore had known each other from previous audition processes over the years.
    We've been married for almost 21 years and have 4 children.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 2:30 PM on May. 3, 2010

• My husband and I met at school. Turned out we lived about 10 minutes from each other so we started carpooling and then hanging out on the weekends. It wasn't long before we were dating. We've been married for 2 years.

Answer by missanc at 2:33 PM on May. 3, 2010

• At auditions for a friend's play in high school. We both accepted from the beginning that we'd be married one day and got a good laugh out of the lack of surprise when we made the wedding announcement.
    flitpixie

Answer by flitpixie at 2:57 PM on May. 3, 2010