What should i know about pre school?

What do they usually teach?
What does she need?
Can she start late like if we had a vacation planned at the time she started :/ (2 weeks vacation)
I know she is ready..Am I lol.AHHHH
She will start in september but this vacation that is planned is killing me...What do i do :/

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:21 PM on May. 3, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• After touring a few pre-k in a few public school's my husband and I came to the conclusions that they are nothin but free daycare.
    laciD

Answer by laciD at 2:31 PM on May. 3, 2010

• Don't stress over preschool. It isn't worth the hassle. She can start late and it won't hurt her any. Some of them teach a little bit like colors, shapes and some letter recognition. But from what I've seen most are just teaching them to play nicely with others, wait in line to leave the room and raise their hand before talking. We skipped preschool with my now kindergartener and she is doing great. We will not be putting our other 2 daughters (ages 3 & 1) in preschool either.
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 3:50 PM on May. 3, 2010

• Don't stress starting your child a little late at preschool. It won't make much difference. We changed out son from one preschool to another mid year and even that didn't seem to be too difficult. Depending on age, kids will learn colors/shapes/numbers and how to play with others. Then letters and how to draw them along with counting. Lots of emphasis will continue to be on how to play with others..
    Anonymous

• We only did preschool for our first two children. Then I started homeschooling. We had figured out by that time that it was a waste of money and our time together as a family. They teach them colors, letters, numbers, opposites, and things like that, when our children have all known those things by age two. I teach our children to read at four, so the two that went were quite bored watching their peers take a week to learn one letter. I guess it depends on what you have already taught your daughter yourself.
    MyGiftsFromGod

Answer by MyGiftsFromGod at 7:13 PM on May. 3, 2010