Childbirth: What fears do you have?

I would like to know what kind of birth related concerns anyone has had or has. I remember with me, it was right before I went in to have my 2nd child and I was terrified of having the spinal again.

goldilocks70

Asked by goldilocks70 at 2:34 PM on May. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Im about to have my 3rd in November and my fears are that I just dont know what to expect!! I know that sounds weird cause i have already had two but with my first i gained almost 60 pounds and i got induced and he weighed 8 pounds 14 ounces and then with my second i only gained like 22 and she was 6 weeks early and i had to have my labor stopped and i was there for four days and she weighed 5 pounds 5 ounces so they were two completely different pregnancies and deliveries so i just dont know what to expect this time lol....
    Anonymous

• I was terrified of the epidural with my first last November. And then the blood patch didn't work, so I had a spinal headache for a dew days aftr I left the hospital. it sucked SO bad!
    AirForceWife14

Answer by AirForceWife14 at 2:43 PM on May. 3, 2010

• I was afraid of having a c-section and oddly enough it did happen.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 2:46 PM on May. 3, 2010

• Oh, the spinal! For sure! That's the first thing I thought of when I found out I was pregnant!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 2:49 PM on May. 3, 2010

• I was afraid of losing control.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 3:00 PM on May. 3, 2010

• I was afraid of the pain in general, yet this is the 3rd time I'll be going thru it.(due may19)
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 3:04 PM on May. 3, 2010

• Taking a huge stinking dump on the table.
    Anonymous

• I was afraid my second baby would get stuck like my first one did and I'd end up with another 4th degree tear. It didn't happen, thank goodness. I had a much easier time and was able to enjoy the time we had in the hospital after I delivered her. I would have loved for my first delivery to have been like that.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 3:36 PM on May. 3, 2010

• I was afraid I would need an episiotomy..I know stupid but this was my biggest fear. I was also afraid of needing a c section, neither of which I had thank God!
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 3:49 PM on May. 3, 2010

• I was afraid of any type of pain. lol!!! in the end I had my DD Med free not by choice it was to late for meds Gah!!.. And I was scared about taking a dump, I was happy I did  tho cuz the Midwife I had wasn't my midwife(she was filling in),she was a bitch and got to smell and clean my sh*t up. Buhahahahaha! Wench!

Anonymous