Going back to work...

My DH wants me to get a job again, since there's no longer a real reason for me to be home. I kinda want to get a job too, but I'm wanting the experience of being a working parent to go better then it did last time. I had DD and I worked from when she was 6 weeks til six months, then I had trouble pumping (she's EBF) and I chose to quit rather than put her on formula. I was stressed out all the time and it was the worst job I've ever had! I worked at a daycare watching 2 year olds... omg.. try changing a diaper and entertaining six other kids while keeping your sanity!
I'd just like to hear about good experiences that working moms have when they enjoy their job and then come home and enjoy their kids... DD is 12 months now and I'm going to go back to work in about two months.. and prolly stop breastfeeding during the day in a month...
Thanks in advance :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:17 PM on May. 3, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Lets see.. My son is 2-1/2 and yesterday he bit me and slapped me in the face, apparently he's going through this aggressive stage/phase AGAIN but that made it REALLY easy to go to work today .lol!! so we wake up together in the morning at 6am, we talk about what he's going to do today and what fun he will have at daycare and who he gets to see and play with and when I get to see him - I pick him up at 5:30 and we get to play/go to the park play cars together color or he helps with dinner then bed time at 8:30 -9 pm. I love it.. Sure, I miss him but me staying home isn't an option so I can't think of it the other way.. good luck!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:56 PM on May. 3, 2010

• i do an in home daycare..so that i can be at home with my dd...fortunately dh makes enough for us to live on since i only have one kid in my care..lol..good luck momma! you can do it.
    Anonymous

• My one year old loves his daycare. We call it school. He gets mad when we pick him up b/c he wants to stay and play with the other kids. He has learned so much from watching the other kids b/c I think he was a little behind while I had him home with me. Plus, I feel less stress (esp since I no longer pump). If pumpming was the issue before, once that's gone it should be easier to work and enjoy time with DD once you get home.
    Vins_mom09

Answer by Vins_mom09 at 4:08 PM on May. 3, 2010

• I worked full time and breastfed for 23 months. Your daughter will need a parental presence much more between 12 and 18 than she does now. Now is the time to establish your career and get a good jump on savings for college and retirement.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:00 PM on May. 3, 2010