my 11 month old has 10 teeth but wont let me brush!

every night it is a sturggle to get him to brush his teeth. he locks his jaw and scrunches his lips and will not let me brush them! he has so many and i dont want them to rot! the only way i can get the toothbrush in is if he is screaming and then he will bite it so i cant move it! how do i clean his teeth? the finger brushes are worse.... he bites me! lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:24 PM on May. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I let my 12 month old brush her own teeth... she just chews on it mainly.. but it's better than the struggle.. sometimes she lets me do it.. and I figure if I have her brush her teeth twice a day.. then I'm prolly getting to brush them at least twice a week... which is better than I did when I was a kid.. and my teeth never rotted :)
    Anonymous

• Get him a character toothbrush, maybe an electric one and let him do it himself. Do yours at the same time so that it is fun.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:28 PM on May. 3, 2010

• have you tried the spinning toothbrushes, or the ones that play music?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:30 PM on May. 3, 2010

• try doing it when he is in the tub
    Anonymous

• There are these silicon chew toothbrushes you can get. Basically them chewing it brushes their teeth. You can also get a silcon finger toothbrush too.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 4:14 PM on May. 3, 2010

• This is a link to one on amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Baby-Buddy-Babys-1st-Toothbrush/dp/B000GKU7C0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1272917699&sr=1-2-spell
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 4:15 PM on May. 3, 2010