do you add stuff to hamburger helper?

like for the chili taco ones i used rotel tomatoes and peppers
for strogonoff i use mushrooms
lasagna i use blck olives

what are some things you add to your hamburger helper?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:33 PM on May. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I've never added anything but the muschrooms and black olives added sound delicious. I'm going to have to try that!!! Thank you for the idea!!
    CrazyKiss

Answer by CrazyKiss at 3:40 PM on May. 3, 2010

• I sometimes add extra noodles and sauce to make it feed 5 people. I also like to add frozen veggies to some of them.
    Anonymous

• i dont cook my hubby does hes the SAHD but when he cooks it he always adds onion for every kind
    Anonymous

• ONIONS BELLPEPPERS AND BANANA PEPPERS......PARMESAN CHEESE ...IT ALL DEPENDS WHICH ONE IT IS !
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 3:40 PM on May. 3, 2010

• I bed beans to the crunchie taco. Corn and carrots to the stroganof. And bacon to the cheese burger
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 3:41 PM on May. 3, 2010

• I've always assumed it wasn't a meal without veggies.
    For Stroganoff, we add mushrooms, and peas.
    For Cheesy ranch burger, I add mushrooms and tomatoes. & sometimes corn
    For Cheeseburger macaroni, onions, green peppers, mushroom & tomatoes
    For mongolian beef, I add a bag of steamed peas & carrots.
    Hmm, I think those are the only varieties we buy.
    On a similiar note, I love the romanos creamy basil dinner kit, but we add a can of artichokes, a handful of mushrooms, an top it with grilled flat iron steak in place of the recommended chicken. It is awesome!
    Rileysmom425

Answer by Rileysmom425 at 3:42 PM on May. 3, 2010

• I haven't used Hamburger Helper in many years. When I did years ago I found it took me as long to make Hamburger Helper as making something from scratch since I did have to tweek the stuff to make it edible.lol
    momtolucas2002

Answer by momtolucas2002 at 4:07 PM on May. 3, 2010

• We add a can of refreid beans to the crunchy taco and then top it with lettuce, shredded cheese, tomatoes, and sour cream. We leave off the cheese sauce it comes with though. We also will buy a bag of fritos to have more chips for it and make it more like a walking taco or taco salad type of thing. I also will add frozen peas and carrots to the fried rice one and we use ground pork instead of chicken the kids eat it better.
    niehoff9

Answer by niehoff9 at 5:07 PM on May. 3, 2010

• I make homemade "Hamburger helper" stroganoff: 1 lb lean ground turkey seasoned with Mrs Dash original seasoning blend, pour in a jar of lower sodium brown gravy. Meanwhile boil No Yolks egg noodles til they are tender. Drain well and add to the meat/gravy mix. Add in 1 cup cooked corn kernels and serve. You can make it many different ways. Sometimes I boil the noodles in low sodium chicken broth and toss them with the gravy and turkey, sometimes I season the turkey with lower sodium taco seasoning, add in some cooked corn, a little bit of salsa, and some crumbled baked tostitios on top and a little bit of shredded 2% cheddar on top bake in the oven for a few minutes til browned lightly and cheese is all melted. So much healthier not to use the boxed stuff. But if you do then make it with lean ground turkey OR ground bison, add in some veggies.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 5:10 PM on May. 3, 2010

• onions, any kind, or a couple of kinds. peppers, carrots, okay any kind of veggie, fresh , frozen, or canned I have on hand. I also add noodles because the sauce mix is too much for that tiny amount. I can usually get the equivalent of three meals out one packet. I also use different meats, whatever happens to be handy and while tuna doesn't do well in the Italian flavors, shredded beef does. For the creamy ones I always add sour cream and cheese, again many different kinds, adds flavor to to any flavor.

Actually though I will generally just make it all from scratch since that costs me much less to way more.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 5:26 PM on May. 3, 2010