Does your teenager wear high heels to school?

My 14-year-old daughter tried to buy these 5" high heels at the mall. I saw them in the bag and walked her right back to the store and returned them. She says "everyone" wears them in high school. She is furious at me. I think they look slutty. Was I wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:39 PM on May. 3, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Heels aren't good to wear anyway, adult or teen. They do all kinds of bad things to your spine and hip alignment. Adults can do what they want of course in regards to wearing heels or not. But no, I don't think you are wrong. There is no reason whatsoever to let your 14 year old wear them to school.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 3:43 PM on May. 3, 2010

• I don't think you are wrong, and I don't think EVERYONE wears them. Luckily my 13 (almost 14) year old thinks it's silly, but she has told me that their is a group of girls that wears high heels and skinny jeans to school at least once a week. She wanted "heels" for her 8th grade banquet, and we found some with about 2 to 2 1/2 inch heels. Even with those she is having to practice walking.
    Anonymous

• Thats what teens do these days.... lol
    Anonymous

• Yup when I was in high school, i would wear heels, but only cause I would go to work afterwards, but alot of the other girls wore heels too just cause they are pretty. They werent 5 inches tho, mainly around 3.
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 4:03 PM on May. 3, 2010

• 5 inches is too much for anyone.
    Anonymous

• i wore 4 inch heels on boots every day...
    i had amazing legs..
    pisces_chick89

Answer by pisces_chick89 at 5:38 PM on May. 3, 2010

• That is a broken ankle waiting to happen.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:53 PM on May. 3, 2010

• They do wear heels to high school where my daughter attends. They also wear flip-flops. Does SHE wear heels to school - HELL NO!!!! She does wear flip-flops though.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 7:58 PM on May. 3, 2010

• NOPE
    AmyG1976

Answer by AmyG1976 at 8:37 PM on May. 3, 2010

• i think you were wrong. heels are not slutty. shes a girl. girls wear heels. whats the big deal?
    god, why dont you let her live a little.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:18 AM on May. 4, 2010