Why do people always change their stories at the last minute?

My Mom's boyfriend BEGGED my DH to go over seas with him for work. We didn't have the extra money to get the dental work done that the job required before leaving. So, since whiny BF didn't want to go alone, he insisted on paying for part of the dental work. DH told him 10 times he didn't want to go if he had to borrow money. Of course BF assured him that he could pay him back as he got paid. That was the first mistake and we know that now. THAT is not the question here. The problem is that now that DH has scheduled and been approved for leave this summer, the BF keeps whining about not having "money." This dude is ridiculous. I know for a fact he has 6 figures in the bank as we speak. HE doesn't want to come in for RR because apparently he doesn't want to be with my Mom any more, and doesn't want to see her. So he is trying to make us broke so DH can't come home either. All the sudden he wants to be paid off before

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:41 PM on May. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think your husband should just say he wants to see his kids and family and has scheduled the tme to go home. If you guys are making the agreed upon payments and are keeping record of it then it wil be fine.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:14 PM on May. 3, 2010

• DH comes in. This was not what we all agreed upon! I'm sorry that BF doesn't want to be with my Mom any more and doesn't want to come home for a week or so. That's his deal. But to up the time table we have to pay him off JUST so DH doesn't come home is stupid. He has become extremely attached to DH and DH has about had it with the guy. We are paying him an agreed upon amount every pay check. Extra if we have it. We also have three kids and bills, including a bankruptcy payment. The BF doesn't have bills, every thing he has is paid off. I understand it's his money but that's kind of shitty to me to try to make us broke just so DH can't come home and leave him there all alone. The dude is acting like a big baby about DH coming home for 2 weeks.
    Anonymous

• Oh yes, I keep record of it. I go to the bank that we both use and write checks and have that as a receipt, and the hand written receipt they give me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:34 AM on May. 5, 2010