Taking a trip to texas.....

I wanna drive 900 miles with my daughter, rent a car, gas, hotel. or should we fly 2 tickets, hotel prices.. what sounds most logical on saving money.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:56 PM on May. 3, 2010 in Travel

• Depends on how much time you have. 900 miles takes 2 maybe 3 depending on the speed you are going and trafic. Plane ride takes 1 day.

Answer by louise2 at 4:04 PM on May. 3, 2010

• research it online to see what kind of deals you can get.... orbitz.com, cheapflights.com are two of the places that can give combined rates on things.
    Anonymous

• I have looked into flights cant find 2 tickets (round trip) for under 1000. I think driving 900 miles will take me about 13 hours.

Anonymous

• i usually fly southwest. I jus tlooked earlier today and i caould get tickets to dallas for $95 each person each way so $400 for both of you plus fees. Figure your gas mileage on your car..how any miles/gal do you get? You will just have to do the math and see which is cheaper.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:08 PM on May. 3, 2010

• You'll have to see what rates you can find on both, add up all expenses, and then compare. It could go either way depending on what deals you find.
    Anonymous

• we drive from ga to tx 17 hours for a family of 4 its just most economical but for 2 its better to fly hmm wait but ur ganna rent a car aswell n hotel gas will run u about 150 to 200 each way so really if u think about it will be the same cost eather way ...fly
    mommyto2txboys

Answer by mommyto2txboys at 2:24 PM on May. 7, 2010