Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what to do? c section

baby is laying sideways and im almost 37 weeks.. im 4 cm dilated. when will my doc decides to do a c section? or try and turn her. is it safe for me and the baby to continue the pregnancy knowing i can go into active labor at any moment? advice would be good please!

Answer Question
 
shorty_18

Asked by shorty_18 at 4:04 PM on May. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

Level 9 (334 Credits)
Answers (6)
  • Dont worry if you have to have a c-section. The doctors and nurses will take care of you and many women are getting one everyday so its nothing new. The recovery sucks alot but you will be fine. Good luck.
    BrittanyD07

    Answer by BrittanyD07 at 4:07 PM on May. 3, 2010

  • I had 2 c sections.both were fine and I was great after.you will be OK i promise.
    ryanlynn

    Answer by ryanlynn at 4:09 PM on May. 3, 2010

  • have you talked to your dr. about this? i don't know what your dr's ideas are about aversion, weather to do it, or when to do it.
    if yo see a chiropractor daily, you could open up and have more room for your baby to turn. there are alternatives...c-section would hopefully be last choice.
    happy2bmom25

    Answer by happy2bmom25 at 4:10 PM on May. 3, 2010

  • of course it is safe to continue your pregnancy. your baby very well could turn on her own in the next few weeks. if you do go into active labor tonight, and baby is transverse, you can have a c-section then. there is no danger. if a c-section is necessary, it's 10x healthier for the baby if labor started on its own first.

    gl!

    spinningbabies.com
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:17 PM on May. 3, 2010

  • I had 2 C-Sections due to breech babies. The first we tried to turn. That was the most painful thing i have ever experienced in my life. Seriously, it was terrible. It didn't work and sent me into active labor and I had to have a C-Section immediately. When my 2nd child was breech (yeah I know stubborn kids), the doctor waited until 39 weeks to see if she would turn on her own, she didn't. I would rather have 10 C-Sections than have to have another baby turned or even attempt to turn. So I scheduled my surgery and out came baby. Talk to your doctor about what's best to do for you and remember you have 3 weeks for your little one to turn on its own. Good luck!!

    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:20 PM on May. 3, 2010

  • My niece turned the day before my sis's scheduled c/s, so she was able to wait and have her vaginally. My last baby turned from head down to breech the night before my induction - I didn't realise it at the time, I was thinking maybe labour was starting. But no, I was successfully induced, but when I was checked (after 16 hours of labour) when I was feeling pressure they felt a foot! So there is still time for baby to turn and going into labour with a breech baby is not dangerous for baby in most cases. In fact it is possible to deliver a breech baby vaginally, but most Drs won't try. I wouldn't rush into scheduling a c/s, baby can turn at any time up to and even during labour, and as someone who's had both types of delivery - I'd do vaginal any day over a c/s. The c/s is not the end of the world, but a vag is so much easier to recover from.
    canadianmom1974

    Answer by canadianmom1974 at 5:16 PM on May. 3, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN