moving away @ 37 weeks... What do i do about a doctor?

well just as it said, im moving next week (because of reasons i have no control of) ill be 37wks. What do i do about a dr? Can i get a new dr for two weeks if i can even find one that will see me? Do i ask my dr to induce me at the begining of the week sense im moving next friday? Will my dr even consider that sense i am to be induced at 39wks for gestational diabetes anyway?

I have no clue what im suposta do. I just found this all out today. I can drive back and forth twice a week cause its over two hrs away. But i also dont know if i will be able to find a new dr in time so i dont just show up at a hospital and them have no info on me...

What do i do?!?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:50 PM on May. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I would ask for a copy of your medical records and go register at the hospital where you are moving to as soon as you get there. I would call around for doctors in that area, but don't be surprised if you can't find one. Then I guess you just go to the hospital when you are in labor. I mean they will not let you have your baby without a doctor, so they will just assign the one on call that day I would guess.

SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:56 PM on May. 3, 2010

• Your doctor should be able to refer you into a new practice where you are moving. Your doctor's office should help transfer all of your records. You've been paying for care-- get them to do this for you.

It's not safe or smart to get induced early because you are moving. If your child ended up needing NICU care, you could be in the hospital for 2-3 weeks with a special needs infant. That's horrible for your baby and doesn't solve your moving problem.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 5:06 PM on May. 3, 2010

• In addition to what ecodani said, do you have any family or close friends you can stay with until after you have your baby, and THEN move?
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:10 PM on May. 3, 2010

• definitely don't induce. that is way too early. baby might end up in NICU and then how would you move?

i would spend a LOT of time calling midwives and OBs and hospitals trying to find a good birth PLACE and a good provider that will respect your birth wishes. at this point that is what matters since you will be giving birth within a few weeks of the move.

good luck with the move.
    Anonymous