If undocumented where to sent back to their countries. How does the govt. know what country they belong to?

some of these undocumented don't carry anything not even their original ID. How will the government handle this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:12 PM on May. 3, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I've read some interviews in various articles. From what I have read, they always say they are from Mexico because it is so much closer and therefore easier to get back in the States from there.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 10:17 PM on May. 3, 2010

• good question.
    Anonymous

• I guess they can just pick one that speaks whatever language they do! Not my problem! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:15 PM on May. 3, 2010

• I guess they can just pick one that speaks whatever language they do!

South and Central America all speak Spanish except Brazil and Islands. How would law enforcements know what country specifically.
    Anonymous

• My best guess is that they will ask them. Failing an answer, I guess they will just throw them in the clink until they decide to give up the info. If they can't do that, I suppose they will deport them to the closest place where they speak the language and it is the least expensive for the American people. At least I would hope that's what they would do.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:35 PM on May. 3, 2010

***
    I KNOW...which is why I said they can just PICK ONE...it is not and should not be OUR problem which country they go to/back to.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:41 PM on May. 3, 2010

• South and Central America all speak Spanish except Brazil and Islands. How would law enforcements know what country specifically.

______

Anon they don't all speak the 'same' Spanish. Each of them have dialects and terms that are unique to a region. Not that it would be fiscally productive; but if you really wanted to do it; you could have them each interviewed by a panel of linguists who would be able to confer and agree upon a place of origin for the language; accent; inflection; and tone of what they speak.
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 5:45 PM on May. 3, 2010

• beach

I didn't know, thanks
    Anonymous

•  

put them in front of a firing squad, they'll talk.

Anonymous

• Thats probably why our immigration centers are so overcrowded. They can't just send them willy nilly.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 6:26 PM on May. 3, 2010