What do you use as a toy box for your children's toys?

Right now I am using an old diaper box to put my child's toys in. Where can I find one for cheap?

Cappy1979

Asked by Cappy1979 at 5:17 PM on May. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

• I bought a big plastic storage bin, and just threw away the top. I think it cost me $5 at Target.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 5:20 PM on May. 3, 2010

• a toy box
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 5:26 PM on May. 3, 2010

• for his 1st bday i bought him a nice one at toys r us it was only 70 dollars, he still has it
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 5:27 PM on May. 3, 2010

• My husband made a gorgeous one for my kids, but before that I used primary colored cubes that have wheels on them that we got at Target for about $15 apiece. They stack and the kids can wheel them around.

Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 5:28 PM on May. 3, 2010

• Hi! My Son has TONS of little cars. I saved a bunch of Big Diaper Boxes (Pampers Boxes) and covered them with a fun contact paper. I cut off the top flaps and I applied the contact paper, I cut the contact paper out over the existing carry holes. Now all the boxes match and he can drag them over to where he wants to play. They look nice and neat and are safe if he falls on them. Cheap too!!!

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 6:35 PM on May. 3, 2010

• We got our son a toy box from Toys R Us for like $50 and it had a shelf for books too. It is big enough to hold all(most) of his toys and looks nice as well. Before we had that, we used a storage bin that we had old clothes in before. He started getting in the storage bin, so we got him the toy box.
    HuskerMommy08

Answer by HuskerMommy08 at 8:15 PM on May. 3, 2010

• My son's toys are in the same toy box our daughter used. It's a Little Tykes box that's made of white and green heavy plastic with a blue lid. My sister bought it 23 years ago for our daughter, and she took very good care of it and most of her toys, so we just passed it down to our son. Have you tried freecycle or maybe the Goodwill store to find a box? Good luck!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 9:07 PM on May. 3, 2010

• We use a toy box. My mom got it for my dd 10 years ago. She started growing out of it just when her brother started needing one. We gave it a good scrub down and now he uses it. It's plastic, cute, and apparently quite durable. Omg, I think I have the exact same one as Robsmommy!
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:05 AM on May. 4, 2010

• My husband built one. Its huge. About 2 feet wide, 5 feet long and 3 1/2 feet deep. It has a devider about 3/4 of the way through it. The devider is for blankets and extra bedding.

I love it and it can eventually be used as storage when my son grows up.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 1:12 AM on May. 5, 2010