i am prego and i like to know if i will get any more Ultrasounds after 6m ?

i had one when i got prego, then had one at 6m but no more will i get one more from my doc/be4 this baby comes ? or will i have to pay for it my self ?
i just like to see how she is doing be4 she comes :)

dev091281

Asked by dev091281 at 5:24 PM on May. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• the ultrasound really doesn't give you any info.

you will have to ask your midwife or doctor because it varies a lot. a lot of providers do ZERO ultrasounds. many will do only 1. then there are those that do like 10 u/s.

personally, i prefer to limit u/s exposure.
    Anonymous

• My doctor did one to see what the ultrasound read from measurements & so on.
    Than i will have one towards the end ,if needed.
    Otherwise i prefer to not get many for exposure reasons unless they were needed for emergency reasons versus general curiosity.
    Anonymous

• Also want to add depending why your getting one determines if insurance will pay since companies only allow so many even sometimes if your high risk.
    Anonymous

• I asked for an ultrasound at 39 weeks because I was a wreck and wanted to make sure my little dude wasn't breech! My Midwife was all for it. So if you want another & your getting close then just ask and see where that gets you.
    hillary.rawrs

Answer by hillary.rawrs at 6:20 PM on May. 3, 2010

• I dont think they normally do unless there is an issue. I never had another after my 20wk anatomy scan, with any of my pregnancies. However I know lots of people who have had many done, personally I wouldnt do any more than needed :)
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 8:26 PM on May. 3, 2010

• I know that there usually has to be a significant reason to get another u/s after 20 weeks. I had an extra one because doc wanted to verify that my child was indeed breech...which he was. I work in x-ray so I have access to the u/s techs and they checked me unofficially before I went on leave and this baby is breech as well. I may end up having another u/s closer to my due date just to verify but I doubt it since I am schedule for a repeat cesearian. The only other reason that I know of for doing an u/s after a 20 week one is to rule out placenta issues. Like if a woman starts bleeding or having horrific back or abdominal pain, doc will usually order an u/s to rule out placenta previa or placental abruption. Another reason is if you go in early with preterm labor, sometimes a doc will order a biophysical profile to check and see if baby is ready for delivery early. Hang in there. I'm sure all is well. No news=good news!
    jdelain79

Answer by jdelain79 at 3:17 AM on May. 4, 2010