cartilage piercing

My dd is 15 and wants her cartilage pierced. she already has her ears double pierced. I am probably bringing her today or tomorrow to get it pierced. However, most places won't let her until she's 16. Is Claire's okay? That's where we are planning on going. But do you think it'll be safe?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:44 PM on May. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Nope. Dirty dirty. They use guns. Not sterile. Plus, you want a hollow needle piercing with a cartilage. A piercing gun will just tear.

A clean tattoo and piercing shop is the best option. You are her parent. You can sign the paper work. There should be no problem.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 5:47 PM on May. 3, 2010

• I have my cartliage pierced 2 times in each ear... in different places and each time was done with a gun... and they all healed fine and I have no problems what-so-ever. My first one was done at Claires
    Anonymous

• I got my ears pierced the first time when I was 3 years old and of course I don't remember it. I got my ears pierced again when I was 14 years old. I got it done for my birthday. Then I decided I wanted my cartilage pierced on my 16th Birthday. I didn't know it was 16 before they would do it. I just seen someone at school have it done and I liked it so I wanted it done. I went to clairs to get mine done. I didn't have a problem with it. I am 27 almost 28 now and still have my ears pierced twice then my cartilage done on my left ear. It will hurt or it will be sore for a while though specially when she sleeps on it or bumps it. They told me that I would want my left ear done they said because most girls pick up the phone with their right hand so they said it would be best do do my left that was wrong. I always answred the phone with my left hand so I was always bumping it.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 5:52 PM on May. 3, 2010

• go to a professional piercing place to have it done correctly with the proper tools.

Anonymous

• claires is fine! thats where i got my cartilidge pierced when i was 12. the cartilidge is very simple. they just use a gun. the important part is cleaning it & taking care of it when its done. i also worked at claires. they are not dirty.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 6:45 PM on May. 3, 2010

• Claire's is fine. I had 6 holes in my left ear by the time I was 15. 3 of them were in the cartilage and I didn't go to any place other than one just like Claire's. It hurt like a sonofabitch, but that goes away, too.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:18 PM on May. 3, 2010