Sunscreen?!

How do I know if my sunscreen is expired? I looked the bottle over and can't find a date on it anywhere. I bought it the beginning of last summer when my lil guy was about 6 months old and I only used a tiny bit of it...is it still good to use this year?

leann74016

Asked by leann74016 at 5:47 PM on May. 3, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It starts to lose it's effectiveness after about a year after purchase. It's best to replace it at this point. Sorry :( I hate that too! We waste so much sunscreen!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 5:51 PM on May. 3, 2010

• In my own experience...sun block I've bought in previous summers are old. They even have a weird look when they come out of the bottle. I buy new every year.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 6:02 PM on May. 3, 2010

• you should start with a new bottle every year - some of the ingredients in sunscreen can expire when they're exposed to the air.

but if you're putting the correct amount of sunscreen on you shouldn't have any left over.
    Anonymous

• Some brands now are putting expiration dates on them, I think Banana Boat does. But that just means there are preservatives in there with everything else. I do buy new every year.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 6:25 PM on May. 3, 2010