this pacifier thing is magic

baby is almost 7 months and has never used one before now, and its really helping her sleep.

i am scared now though because i was a pacifier basher, now i'm the one who will be judged for using one.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:12 PM on May. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Hey they do not call it a pacifier for nothing!!! they have this natural instinct to suck all the time and since they can't eat all the time this is second best, later on when he gets older you will have to find a way to get him unacostumed to it, but for now it is magic!

Answer by older at 6:14 PM on May. 3, 2010

• now that you know both sides of the street so to speak - people might listen to you a bit more. now you understand both sides of the arguement.

mine never had pacifiers (not for lack of trying with my first .... it would have made things a LOT easier).

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 6:15 PM on May. 3, 2010

• No one should be bashed for using a pacifier it does not harm the baby and keeps them calm. I dont understand what people think is so bad about them?
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 6:17 PM on May. 3, 2010

• cafemom has made me very narrow minded. i need to stop reading this crap and just post when i have questions.
    Anonymous

• only thing about that is my son LOVED it when he was little but once i lost it and "poo poo hit the fan!" you dont really want them to become too attached to it.
    seth4me

Answer by seth4me at 6:24 PM on May. 3, 2010

• It is a bad thing when they become too attached to it and are allowed to keep it past 1 year old (when our dentist says it starts to negatively affect oral development). My first refused it even though we tried many times. My first took it and at 6 months spit it out and wanted nothing more to do with it so I was lucky.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 6:33 PM on May. 3, 2010

• my first baby never used the paci and now my second baby who is a major crybaby wants to nurse constantly refuses to use one. hahaha so i dont need to give it, i feel ike i wasted money trying to get her to take one lol
    navajomama7

Answer by navajomama7 at 6:49 PM on May. 3, 2010

• If you bottle feed, pacifiers are great and you can let toddlers use them until they area 3 or 4. If they don't get to breastfeed they should get to meet their sucking needs with a pacifier.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 7:10 PM on May. 3, 2010

• op- ebf :)
    Anonymous

• If you're only using it during nap and bedtimes then who is going to know to judge? Other than close family and friends? We aren't big pacifier fans, either, but we ended up using one, too. We took it away during the day around 6 or 7 months old. So she gets it at nap and bedtime and for long car trips.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 7:13 PM on May. 3, 2010