Intensity workout or P90x?

Has anyone tried the new intensity workout. I've heard its competition for P90X. I think they both look awsome and would do a great job but I'm leaning towards favoring Intensity because its got alot of cardio and you use purely your body weight while working out, so you get muscle and lean as a result. I feel like P90x is more for guys I know woman can and do, do it too but I just feel like it is geared more for the men where as Intensity seems like something more woman might enjoy. Has anyone tried this?

Ilovemychi

Asked by Ilovemychi at 6:19 PM on May. 3, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Do you mean Insanity?
    hillaryann

Answer by hillaryann at 6:20 PM on May. 3, 2010

• HAHAHAHA! OOPS! I'm pregant and it's showing because I forget everything! I meant Insanity, yes! Thanks!
    Ilovemychi

Answer by Ilovemychi at 6:22 PM on May. 3, 2010

• Lol don't worry, it happens to the best of us :) I'm a Beachbody coach so this is right up my alley. Both programs are great for women. You will get great results from either one. If you go with P90X I suggest doing the Lean version for your first round. It's a little more cardio and less resistance. Now they are both extreme programs so you should really make sure that you're physically ready for that kind of challenge especially with Insanity. It made me want to puke the first few times I tried it. It is so intense! But if you can handle it, it really does grow on you :) It really just comes down to what kind of workout you are looking for and which one you're more likely to stick through to the end. If I can help you anymore with this decision please feel free to ask. I'd love to help :)
    hillaryann

Answer by hillaryann at 6:26 PM on May. 3, 2010

• I'm looking for something to do after I have my 2nd and last baby to get back into the best shape possible before undergoing a tummy tuck as I know I will need one regardless due to slack adominal skin. I dont want to be 'buff' lol just lean and sexy. Which do you feel is better for that?
    Ilovemychi

Answer by Ilovemychi at 6:34 PM on May. 3, 2010

• Honestly either one would work. If you really like cardio then I would go with Insanity. P90X doesn't have much variety when it comes to cardio. I actually do Turbo Jam for my cardio and P90X for my strength training. Also with Insanity you don't have to buy alot of extra equipment. With P90X you need a fairly wide range of weights or bands, pull up bar, yoga blocks, etc. Also Insanity is a 60 day program as opposed to the 90 days of P90X. Just some things to think about.
    hillaryann

Answer by hillaryann at 6:42 PM on May. 3, 2010

• Thanks for all the info! I definately appreciate it!
    Ilovemychi

Answer by Ilovemychi at 6:46 PM on May. 3, 2010

• No problem! If you need some more help just shoot me a message sometime :)
    hillaryann

Answer by hillaryann at 6:48 PM on May. 3, 2010

• I love the beachbody programs!!! I'm doing my second round of Chalean Extreme (did it a year ago and this the second go around) for weight training and it's awesome. I just started doing Insanity and it literally kicks my a$$! I'm taking a break from it until after my vacation (think i'm packing too much into my schedule). I've been working out since January so i thought I was in good shape, but insanity taught me otherwise. I will get back to it. good luck to you and I hope it works!!
    leety78

Answer by leety78 at 9:30 PM on May. 3, 2010