Am i wrong and forgive and forget??

When my hubby& I were young (childhood sweethearts) we broke up..well I guess in that time he slept with my STEP MOM! I never knew about it till 2 years ago when my hubby got drunk& told me everything..i left him for about 6 months even tho it was 7 years ago at the time it felt like a freash cut in my heart& we had a 3y/o (at the time) so i wantd 2 make it work. My now EX step mom feels that my son should call her GRANDMA!! I feel that that is OUT IF THE QUESTION! I dont think my son should call her that...I also feel like i DO NOT need to forgive her WHAT SO EVER because she was the adult when those things went down. I to this day do not have anything to do with her, dont invite her to any events and i am almost 39 weeks pregnant and she does not no nore do i want her to know about this pregnancy or ever see my new child. I would like your input, also while i was preg w/my son shed tell me id lose him/hed die in the womb...

seth4me

Asked by seth4me at 6:20 PM on May. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• The right thing to do is to just forgive her, life is to short to hold a grudge, what happened has happened and you really can't change anything. I personally don't think your child needs to call her grandma cuz really she is not your mother or really nobody to you. If it were me I would try and forgive her and just cut all strings with her and go on with my life.

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 6:37 PM on May. 3, 2010

• You should forgive her, but that doesn't mean she has to be a part of your life, or your children's lives. I wouldn't want her aorund either.
    Anonymous

• Forgiveness is for YOU not for her. There is no reason to forget. I wouldn't have anything to do with her either and neither should dh. If she's an ex-step mom why is she even in touch with you? I'd tell her to leave me and my family alone.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:04 PM on May. 3, 2010

• my dad and her are divorsed but she lives with him and pays him rent...so when my son goes to see grandpa he sees her sometimes. my son tells her "you are not my grandma" and she gets mad and thinks i tell him to say it. which i dont...he knows nothing of whats happened in the past BUT when he gets of age i was going to tell him. and you may think that is bad...but i think if she would do things with my sons father when he was young. what stops her from trying anything with my son?? thats why i wanted to tell him...
    seth4me

Answer by seth4me at 7:18 PM on May. 3, 2010

• Forgiveness does not mean opening up yourself or your child to a toxic relationship. If you truly feel this woman is not good for your son and your comment "what stops her from trying anything with my son" makes me believe you feel she is not a good person for your son, then you should keep her away. Your dad can visit with his grandson at your house or at the mall or at a restaurant. I would cut off contact with that woman completely if I EVER had that thought in my mind that she might someday do something to my son. That's just my opinion.
    ShaunnaMichelle

Answer by ShaunnaMichelle at 8:01 PM on May. 3, 2010

• Have you written to Jerry Springer about this?
    GMMOLLY

Answer by GMMOLLY at 11:57 PM on May. 4, 2010

• you know...i was VERY tempted to do that GMMOLLY
    seth4me

Answer by seth4me at 1:00 AM on May. 5, 2010