How can you be a Christian, place your trust in Jesus and still do spells? Time for another journal

I read about a girl who is claiming to be a Christian and wants to learn how to do spells.

This is like believing in other God's and not putting your trust in the bible and Jesus. I don't understand how do these two can connect?
By casting a spell you are putting your faith in a spell or another god. You are putting something before God which is a direct violations of his commandments.One cannot have two masters. I was thinking that we are either serving the earth and or God. We either have allegiance to God or to nature.I find we are not to mix the two.
For the record I am not being rude, mocking or bashing anyoneI just don't understand it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:27 PM on May. 3, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• They can't go hand in hand, anyone who thinks so is deceiving themselves.

Anonymous

• Why not pm her and ask instead of bringing it onto an open forum for her to get bashed in? If you are honestly curious, then why not ask her?
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 6:30 PM on May. 3, 2010

• i use "spells" like prayer, just praying that something good will come of the situation. the power of prayer is a real thing, i use it in more of a chanting way. but who are you to say she is not being a true christian? you are not one to cast stones at someone who is trying to learn who they are. i use talisman's to ward of evil the same as most wear a cross to keep jesus close. come on now! let her learn what she chooses and maybe she's doing it the right way and you're not. think about it.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 6:31 PM on May. 3, 2010

• Oh here we go again. Is she harming you or affecting your relationship with your God? NO....then back off.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 6:31 PM on May. 3, 2010

• She is using her environment which is nature and according to your Bible nature is not evil. Have you ever lit a candle or incense when praying? Hmmm? Have you ever sang a prayer or picked flowers while praying? Hmmm?
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 6:34 PM on May. 3, 2010

• I did not name a person, I did not say the person was wrong, I did not talk trash or attack a person. So why are you so defensive over this post?
    Anonymous

• God is clear on this and He has every reason to have guidelines on this matter. I understand it... it has a lot to do with whether or not you are fully aboard with God... do you love Him, do you want to honor Him, do you long to obey Him in His word... do you truly hear His voice. Where does your loyalty lie?
    We as humans long for power but the best power comes from Heaven. The power to love, to heal to raise the dead. Yet many look for that power in other places.. wrong places. Such as spells and excercising witchcraft. Sadly many are decieved into thinking both God and Satan can be served at the same time but it is absolutely false. Its deception at best. Satan enjoys decieving people and causing them to fall away from the One that loves them most, Jesus and Father God. Yes it is their choice and it can cost them dearly. Sad truth. You cannot drink the cup of both, its one or the other.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 6:34 PM on May. 3, 2010

• once again I can see people cannot read....
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 6:35 PM on May. 3, 2010

• Let's not insult our intelligence and expect us to believe you are coming at this in the spirit of learning shall we. You have your mind made up and have already judged her. She is not hurting you at all. But you are making yourself look really bad.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 6:40 PM on May. 3, 2010

• WTF Really you didn't bash me enough in your journal or get enough people to agree with you how flipping petty is that. Give me a break. Grow up what I do does not flipping affect you At least you gave me a chance to defend myself this time instead of being a damn coward.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 6:40 PM on May. 3, 2010