Need help potty training 4 yr old boy!!

My son will be 4 in a week. I think i might be pregnant again. I know i'm running out of time to potty train him. We have been working on our house for the past year. Moving room from room, working then coming home to clean & get food ready, i would hardly have any time for myself. Well i want to know what is the best and fastest way to potty train a little boy. P.S. He has no interest in becoming a big boy like his half brother (6 yrs old and doesn't live with us). I have alittle potty for him. I even got a DS for him so that he could play that while he sits on his potty. i tried forcing him on ther one day and he didn't want to. So i didn't push the issue. Just need help please. i really dont want to have to bribe him if i don't have to.

MyAngelNick06

Asked by MyAngelNick06 at 6:29 PM on May. 3, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• my son wasnt potty trained till about 3 1/2...i never thought he'd be potty trained. boys are actually usually potty trained twice...once sitting to pee and once standing to pee. i used to have my son sit facing the toliet backwards...so when he peed it wouldnt go everywhere. they are usually ready when they are ready. forsing wont make them want to any more then thay do....but if you are pregnant and you do get him potty trained you may have to deal with him peeing himself once again after the baby is born because the baby used a diaper. im sorry i cant be more helpful...
    seth4me

Answer by seth4me at 6:36 PM on May. 3, 2010

• What worked for my son was cool character underwear with Wall-E and Toy Story, and floating stuff in the toilet that he was supposed to aim at and sink. Try Cheerios. Good luck.
    Anonymous

• lol i like the cheerios idea. when you are home make him wear underwear. let him have accidents. it may be embarassing but atleast only mom and dad will be around to see. it'll be worse if he starts pre-k or kindergarten and kids decide to make fun that he is still wearing diapers.
    coralbeth

Answer by coralbeth at 7:27 PM on May. 3, 2010