where do you think horror and mystery novelist get thier ideas?

do you think they are just sick and twisted people or just have a great imaginations? or maybe a lil of both?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:35 PM on May. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• poe was a sicko, probably insane. king i think is a narcisist with problems functioning socially, m. night is a creaper...but they are all amazing writers.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 6:41 PM on May. 3, 2010

• Remember that they used major drugs back in Poe's time. I think their ideas come from drugs or dreams or nowadays from someone else's ideas that they just manipulate to make it look like it's their own idea.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:58 PM on May. 3, 2010

• I have often wondered about what must go on inside Stephen Kings head,lol. Does he have nightmares of this stuff? I think he must be slightly demented to say the least in order to come up with his novels. But then I wonder if I'm just as twisted because I love reading them! lol
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 7:23 PM on May. 3, 2010

• BLASPHEMER talking bad about my bud Stephen King! I guess I'm demented too because this is how my mind functions too!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 7:38 PM on May. 3, 2010

• Poe had nothing but tragedy in his life. His mom died of TB, his wife died from TB, he lived with and aunt and uncle who treated him well, but couldn't help him overcome his sadness. He took opium (but so did a whole slew of people - it wasn't an illegal drug) and he died alone, broke, and drunk (probably). There is speculation is was manic-depressive, but some things don't fit. I think his writings were his therapy. In The Cast of Amontillado, you get a glimpse into the mind of a person in a manic state (I think). The main character seems to think he has the right to brick the poor guy in for some unmentioned "1000 wrongs". It's a great short story.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:44 PM on May. 3, 2010