So exhausted!!!

I'm 35 weeks pregnant, and also a SAHM to a 17 month old. Lately I feel like the worst mom ever. I barely want to get out of bed in the mornings, and the thought of playing all day with my son tires me out just thinking of it. I used to sit with him and play most the day. Now, to be honest with you, we sit in front of the tv from 8am-11am, then after his nap I sit in the recliner and read to him if he wants, or he plays alone on the floor. I'm so afraid hes getting bored with me. We get out of the house some days, last week we went to the park a few days and the zoo, but its 80 out and I get soooooo hot. And of course I can't sleep at night because I have to pee every hour and then am out of breath by the time I get back into bed. Any thoughts or suggestions to help me get past these last few weeks. Even with the baby, getting up every 2 hours to feed, I'm sure I will have more energy than I do now.

sweetjpea

Asked by sweetjpea at 6:47 PM on May. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I would honestly say the problem is too much TV. I used to feel like the exact same way you did, But i put down the remote and too much tv is bad for you anyways. If i am tired i usually nap with both my girls at the same time, when hubby is home from work, I work out for 30-45 mins, I started eating more fruits and veggies, just making small changes like that has helped me to be a more active mom and i am no longer so tired
    navajomama7

Answer by navajomama7 at 6:58 PM on May. 3, 2010

• Its completely normal to be exhausted and have no motivation. But considering he doesnt have your time now it will only get worse when your giving most of the attention to the newborn. Im not pregnant but went through the same thing with my daugher. My issue was more of depressiona and cabin fever. I would make a schedule for the day. It really helps. Instead of feeling like you need to be playing the whole day, set aside a few times a day for activities and play time. It really helped me and helps your day go alot smoother GL!
    Heres an example:

8am breakfast
    9 am shower/dress
    10-11 playtime
    11-12 craft or games
    12pm lunch
    1-3 movie and nap
    3-4 playtime
    5pm dinner
    630 pm bath
    7pm book and bedtime
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:59 PM on May. 3, 2010

• how is your diet and how is your vit D intake? I would get some sun, consider taking calcuim, increase your protein and decrease your sugar intake... these are somethings that could possible help.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 7:13 PM on May. 3, 2010

• I have been there, a few times!! I had 3 under 3 and I was so freaking exhausted in the last 5-6 wks, I did alot of sitting in front of the t.v. You are not a bad mommy, just a tired pregnant mommy LoL!! I assure you that you are right about having more energy after, I felt like a million bucks after :)
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 8:08 PM on May. 3, 2010