help plz i really dont know what to do

so i told my sister and her husband i would loan them $140

and i need a new phone, school clothes, and other stuff for school

well i was looking at my bank account and i only got $175 in my bank

i want to help my sister out but i start school wed.

and need this stuff

i really need advice

any one got any?

19bubbles91

Asked by 19bubbles91 at 6:54 PM on May. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• how long can she repay you? i can understand the other stuff but is the clothes and phone required at this moment?
    coralbeth

Answer by coralbeth at 6:56 PM on May. 3, 2010

• Tell her the truth. She'll find it somewhere else.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:56 PM on May. 3, 2010

• i have no clothes i wear pjs all the time

i need a phone so if any thing happens my dds day care can get a hold of me.......

i have to loan them money every month and they cant pay me all the money back till next month
    19bubbles91

Answer by 19bubbles91 at 7:00 PM on May. 3, 2010

• Just me but if I only had $175 to my name, I wouldn't be lending any money out - that way I dont have to ask someone else to borrow money because I'm broke now!
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 7:02 PM on May. 3, 2010

• i think she will understand. i mean, she's goin through tough times...like you....like everyone. over extending yourself isnt going to help.
    MMKherMommy

Answer by MMKherMommy at 7:19 PM on May. 3, 2010

• I agree with MMKherMommy. If they already OWE you money, and YOU need things....I think your needs for your sons day care gets top priority........not go get yourself something nice.

Im sure they will make it OK. OR if this is for some bill...ask them to give you the bill and address and you will mail it for them......if they say no....or can't have you get a money order or check in that name......then maybe the money was not for what they say?

I would let them know you found that you dont have the money in the account to loan them, that you had alloted for things for yourself but did not realise you didnt have more to loan them..............what's the money for? I guess that matters...........and as one poster said.........ya did say you would loan them.....but DO tell them you are over extending yourself.
    Anonymous

• You should have checked your bank balance b4 you told them yes. Live and learn, and loan her the money.
    Anonymous

• You can't tell me you have NO clothes, What do you wear to the grocery store or to take your son out? If you wear pj's there then you can wear pj's to school.
    Anonymous

• there is a rule no pj and DD dear daughter
    19bubbles91

Answer by 19bubbles91 at 7:22 PM on May. 4, 2010

• It is your sister BUT you have to think of your self first. What if you gave them the money and then something happen. You wouldn't have any money to help your self right. Normally I would say yes help her on a time table But this time No because it sounds like you also have a child cuz you said something about day care No you have to keep the money just in case..
    seabrezze_11

Answer by seabrezze_11 at 9:12 PM on Jul. 3, 2010