IS anyone giving away puppies?

looking for one to grow with our family.
I asked yesturday where I could find free puppies and got bashed for it so let me let you know
I own my home, we have no mortgage or rent just usual monthly bills so I CAN TAKE CARE OF A PUPPY AND PROVIDE MEDICAL CARE, FOOD and SHELTER.
I know people give away puppies all the time so I WILL NOT BUY one when I can get one for FREE.
PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND UNLESS YOU CAN TELL ME WHERE I CAN GET A PUPPY

THANK YOU

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:45 PM on May. 3, 2010 in Pets

• If you go to petfinder.com ....that may help you!
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 7:51 PM on May. 3, 2010

• A shelter. Most people DON'T give puppies away, they charge either because the are a greedy backyard breeder and are only breeding for cash, or the charge because they are a legitimate reputable breeder and they want to make sure you can afford the puppy and they want to break even cost wise, or they have an "opps" or found a pregnant stray etc and either charge to make sure the puppies aren't just going to anyone and that that person can afford the costs of owning a dog or the give them to a shelter to make sure they get good homes.

Shelters charge so that they can keep running and taking in new dogs, they have to feed them, spay and nueter them, pay for medical costs, etc. And like I said before, most people want someone that is able to pay some money up front for a dog so that they know they can affored to care for it.

cont.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 7:53 PM on May. 3, 2010

• If you want a dog for free you can try looking on craigslist or the local paper, sometimes people have older/adult dogs that are free to good homes.

People give kittens away for free.... sometimes... you're going to need a lot of luck to find a free puppy.

Please just get a shelter dog, it won't cost too much and you're helping save not only it's life but other dogs lives as well.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 7:54 PM on May. 3, 2010

• Go to www.craigslist.org they have in the upper right hand a box for community you then will notice that there is a pet section there. It has lots of free animals posted daily. Some of them have a small re-homing fee that I don't think you would mind paying (often time is is just to cover food since birth so maybe $10.00) I don't think that you would be opposed to pay for that. I can understand wanting to look for a free animal since they are out there and it better than buying from a puppy mill or Pure Breed in my eye as I would never give one dollar to anyone making profits off animals unless it was rescue. I got my cat from Halo animal rescue I paid $90.00 for a 6 week old kitten he had all his shots been tested for FL and had been mico chipped. I could not have done all of that for $90.00 so often time by spending money at NO kill shelters or rescue you are simply paying for the cost that you'll need to pay any ways.

Sarahedger

Answer by Sarahedger at 8:03 PM on May. 3, 2010

• You aren't going to get any other answer then dogs aren't free. They need money. You keep saying you have some, so get a dog and shut up.

The capital letters, the urgency in the question and the fact that despite you saying you hate this site, yet you keep coming back makes me wonder if you want the pittie puppy to fight it.

Again dogs aren't free, they need money to take care of their needs...you need to stop asking the same question over and over and expecting a different answer.
    Acid

Answer by Acid at 8:03 PM on May. 3, 2010

• look on craigslist but good luck
    i wouldn't give a puppy away for free. at minimum most people will charge a re-homing fee.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 8:12 PM on May. 3, 2010

• You could try adopting a puppy from your local shelter. They usually have reasonable costs and can find a dog that will suit your family.
    ShaunnaMichelle

Answer by ShaunnaMichelle at 8:12 PM on May. 3, 2010

• YOu asked this yesterday....
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 8:33 PM on May. 3, 2010

• omg open a friggen newspaper
    Anonymous

• Piss off Acid, seriously. What makes you the almighty authority on dogs?
    Anonymous