Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

In need of real estate law advice PLEASE

anyone knowledgable on real estate law I need your help....The house that we got 2 years ago is not in code. Our electrical is so bad and not in code that we are basically living in a match box. I'm fearful everyday, but I am not sure what we can do. I believe he bought this in a sheriff sale. There is no way it passed any kind of inspection. We are basically paying the interest for 7 years in which we will then have to get a mortgage. At that point we will be screwed with the fix up to get it inspected. The contract says that we are responsible for anything after we paid the down payment, but there is no way we should be resposible for this. He knowingly let a family move into a place that is unlivable. What could we do at this point?

Answer Question

Asked by Roisin07 at 8:01 PM on May. 3, 2010 in Home & Garden

Level 13 (987 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • Contact a real estate attorney. Most attorneys have a free consultation available.

    Answer by m-avi at 11:53 AM on May. 8, 2010

  • Did you have a home inspection done? If not you probably are out of luck. :( You agreed to the terms of the contract without having an inspection done before hand. I agree with m-avi, contact a real estate atty to make sure.

    Answer by mamakirs at 2:29 PM on May. 11, 2010

  • unlimted counsel starts at $26 a month.


    Answer by IraqiVetWife at 3:09 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Home & Garden
Important Question?

Next question overall (Diet & Fitness)
Best Weightloss Method?