how to give my 5 year old and my 2 year old more time with me?

Their doctor told me that the reason my kids are so bad is because they are probably wanting more of my attention. The thing is I am a SAHM so when I lay my 2 year old down for a nap that is my time to myself since that is the only time I get. I don't get time even when they go down at night because my 5 year old is constantly coming downstairs asking this or that until anywhere from 10-11. Her bedtime is 8. The thing is I need to find 2 seperate times to spend each day with the kids. How do I do this? I can put a movie on with my oldest and have her watch tv while I spend time with my youngest, but with my oldest will be hard since my 2 year old doesn't and wont watch tv. So how can I give my 5 year old the attention she need's?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:04 PM on May. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

• Let your daughter stay up a little later. sounds like you're busy with her anyways. which means she wouldn't be getting that sleep anyways. which means that neither of you would be loosing anything but you'd both be gaining something.
    Put your two year old down for bed and then stay up spending some extra time with your 5 year old until 830 or 9.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 8:15 PM on May. 3, 2010

• OP HERE: even though she will be starting school in the fall? I mean letting her stay up that late on a school night wont affect how much sleep she should have?
    Anonymous