Racial Profiling?

Do you honestly think that you can end ALL racial profiling? The only person you can control is yourself. You can't control what other people do. There will always be some sort of injustice in life, as long as people have free will, which you really can't take free will away, if you think about it. You have to take the good with the bad. And just because there are some bad apples here and there, does not mean they are all bad. When bad stuff happens you deal with it, the best you can and move on. It is called life, life is full of shit, what matters is how you deal with it. You can't keep shit from happening, it is going to happen, no matter what you do. Profiling has helped catch many criminals, especially serial killers, (who happen to usually be white) notice I said profiling, not racial profiling, but profiling in general and yes sometimes race plays a card in that. So what do you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:09 PM on May. 3, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I think you are absolutely correct. You have to make a profile of the person who committed a crime. If the person was tall, thin, red hair, and white - so be it just like if the person was tall, then, dark hair and black. It is the facts and not profiling. This is different from taking the facts of a case and building a profile of who normally commits a type of crime ie serial killers are usually young white and male. No one fusses about that one do they?
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:26 PM on May. 3, 2010

• So what is the profile of an illegal? What does that profile look like? Who is the target demographic group? Far as I can tell illegals come in all sizes, shapes and colors. Some are even female. People carrying greencards and with Visas (current and expired) come in many different packages, even in AZ (couple of big Computer Tech COs located there). Will there even be a target group, seeing as the new law says they can only ask for ID if you've broken the law?

How does the AZ help find the typical illegal? The family where the man works under the table, follows all rules and has zero interface with the law (AKA he's not out killing ranchers, robbing banks or taking shots at the authorities)? This is the majority of illegals- How does this bill help stop that person (s)??????

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 8:36 PM on May. 3, 2010

• This is the majority of illegals- How does this bill help stop that person (s)??????

How do you know this is the majority of illegals?
    Anonymous

• :44- Have you ever lived or worked in a border city, town state? I have-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 8:48 PM on May. 3, 2010

• "This is the majority of illegals" sisteract

OP- Is this not a form of profiling? Yes your right illegals come in all different shapes and sizes, male and female, black, white, brown, yellow, young and old.
    Anonymous

I am sure if they commit some type of traffic violation, which we all do and the police are suspicious they will ask for further documentation outside of an ID.  Which I think your are suppose to be a legal resident to get a license, but that may not be the case any more. 

Anonymous

• Anon :19- I've been driving since 1975- never been stopped.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 9:35 PM on May. 3, 2010

• OP, you are so right in your thinking. The majority of people are not racist, but we get that race card thrown in our face every time we make a statement. Why can't people just accept that just because we find a fault with someone, the color of their skin or shape of their eyes usually has NOTHING to do with it?
    29again

Answer by 29again at 9:37 PM on May. 3, 2010

• So what is the profile of an illegal?

You mean an illegal from Mexico?

Ummmm,  brown hair, brown skin, speaks Spanish.

Last time I checked.

I thought you knew that?

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 9:40 PM on May. 3, 2010

• sister-act I am sure you are in the minority of people who never get stopped. I have been driving for over 15 years and have had only one ticket, but I have been stopped on an number of occasions.
    Anonymous