Are you stressed about money this month?

I take care of my families small finances, we don't make much and have very few bills. Only government aid we get is my kidos medicaid, but this month is horrible my husband hardly got any hours last month, we both work but my income alone isn't enough. I'm the one that handles it all. I'm so freaking stressed! Can anyone relate? Please tell me that I'm not the only one!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:14 PM on May. 3, 2010 in Money & Work

• heck YEAH!

my dh had to "oust" his lazy good for nothing business partner out of the business. just spent the day on the phone with the gov't, banks, city licensing to get him removed from the corporate ownership.

now its all on dh to get the work done, and still make enough for us to keep the house, the truck...
    Anonymous

• Very much. I had to pay rent today and now I'm having to borrow $350 from my mom to cover the check so it won't bounce. All because my check didn't arrive today like it should have.
    Anonymous

• Yeah. I'm a new SAHM this week and my husband just started this job as a salesman. He says he will do well so I won't have to work, but I can't believe it until I see it.
    Anonymous

• I stress about our finances EVERY month! I hope things get better for you and for all of us SOON!!!!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 8:50 PM on May. 3, 2010

• I am a stress monster, I always stress even when there is nothing to stress about. So you are not alone honey, stay strong. Something good is coming our way.
    voni681

Answer by voni681 at 9:01 PM on May. 3, 2010

• I try not too, kills my genie. My business pays good, just got to have trust in the Lord he will provide.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 11:06 PM on May. 3, 2010

• Yes my husband and I make decent money but we are living paycheck to paycheck
    teddybearkidz

Answer by teddybearkidz at 2:02 AM on May. 4, 2010

• Not at all. We're doing well and don't see a reason to worry...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:14 AM on May. 4, 2010

• No I'm not stressed. We got on a written budget, and started planning for the future. Oddly enough our income has gone down since we started doing that (a little over a year ago) but we feel like we have more money than ever before.

Go to your library and check out Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey. Also visit his site at DaveRamsey.com.

You honestly might not be bringing in enough to make ends meet, that just means you need to know where every penny is going before you actually get money.

GOOD LUCK. You can do this!
    Anonymous

• Very much! DH hours got cut from 40 hrs a wk to 20-25 hrs a wk. I got a job FINALLY but I havent started working yet due to trying to get all the paperwork through and getting the training online done. We went and looked at an apartment today cause i cant stand living where we do anymore (word of advice NEVER rent from family) and we got declined for it cause of my credit so now I have to worry about our debt and stuff and i dont know what to do.
    butterflymomss

Answer by butterflymomss at 3:39 PM on Aug. 9, 2010