a special dinner for me and son. Want to try something different. Does anybody have any recipes

I want to cook a special dinner and desert for him. He has been through alot and came out of, it like a champ. I want to show him what a good boy he is and mommy is proud. That day we are going to the cheyenne mountain zoo and the denver aquarium, he loves animals. If you can please tell me some good ideas and recipes to cook him I will greatly appriciate it. This is really special to me, it's a special dinner from mommy to her lil man of the house.

christinkie

Asked by christinkie at 8:18 PM on May. 3, 2010 in Food & Drink

• what kind of food does he like?

my girls go GAGA over anything miniature - and that they can eat with their hands. lol

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 8:23 PM on May. 3, 2010

• My kids love it when we make dinner together. They really like making pizza from scratch!
    warrenfamily95

Answer by warrenfamily95 at 8:31 PM on May. 3, 2010

• You could slice hot dogs and poke raw spaghetti through the the slices, kind of stringing them, then boil as usual. It looks neat and if he likes hotdogs, I bet it would be good.
    If pizza isn't your thing, you could make quesadillas, or bambinos, or hot ham and cheese bagels, jjust trying to suggest things he could help prepare.
    Anonymous

• I think it depends on the age of your son. Mine is almost 3 and loves making Pizza with mommy. I buy the ready to eat pizza crusts, add the sauce and give him a small bowl of cheese, and a couple small piles of toppings and let him "decorate" his pizza himself. He also has his own chef hat and apron (Michael's craft store) that he gets to wear.

chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 12:09 AM on May. 4, 2010

• Whatever you decide he is going to be happy just tell him what you just said in your post those exact words that would make him feel all warm and cozy inside. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 12:09 PM on May. 4, 2010

• How old is he? My daughter loves spaghetti, shes four. I usually add ground beef or ground turkey and maybe add some garlic bread or twists. For dessert make him a special cupcake or ice cream from scratch. I work at sur la table, i dont know if there is one near by but you should check it out. there is lots of fun stuff for kids. There is even a miniature donut baking pan. or you can make him a fruit tart if he loves fruits. there is so many possibilities. :) hope you find something. try checking out allrecipes.com or myrecipes.com
    pinkrebelette

Answer by pinkrebelette at 11:34 PM on May. 4, 2010