Is the auto insurance company telling us the truth?

My husband was rear-ended and the other driver had no insurance. Our car wasn't damaged (a tiny scuff mark on the bumper, got to love a Saturn), but they took my husband to the ER because he had tingling and pain down his neck and back. He missed one day of work and 4 hours of mandatory overtime, but returned to work the following day. He was sore for several days, but took a muscle relaxer at night and kept working.

Our insurance said that our uninsured coverage only covers the medical bills, but not the missed wages.

Does anyone know if the insurance company is jerking us around, or if they usually don't pay missed wages? If they don't how does he recover his wages? We are on a tight budget, and I don't think it's fair that we go without when it wasn't his fault.

Thanks!

warrenfamily95

Asked by warrenfamily95 at 8:26 PM on May. 3, 2010 in Money & Work

• It depends,,, read your policy, but they are probably correct,, did they tell you that you can sue the AT fault driver>> that is what I would pursue,, I guess be thankful no got hurt too bad!!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 8:33 PM on May. 3, 2010

• our policies don't cover missed wages unless its more than 4 days.

Anonymous

• Read your policy

Answer by rkoloms at 6:35 AM on May. 4, 2010

• AFLAC Quack!
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 7:08 AM on May. 4, 2010