So, do illegals pay more money in than they get out?

In one group, a particular argument is that illegals pay taxes through a fake SS#, and then wouldn't get any back from a refund that they may have been due. I say that if this happens, the amount is much, much smaller than more intangible expenses for education, health treatment, welfare, and other things that flow to illegals in whatever manner.

Also, supposedly our food costs will skyrocket if illegals no longer pick our fruit or harvest our produce for pennies. Hmmm, I bet this is not done through direct deposit and the IRS....

So, do you think that more money comes IN from illegals or more money goes out TO illegals?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:35 PM on May. 3, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I think more goes out to them, the medical care they refuse to pay, the free educations for their children and themselves in many cases and so many other ways they end up costing the tax payers money. They take the money the make and send half of it back to Mexico for family they have left behind. The money doesn't even get spent here, so what little they actually spend in the US is not enough to make up for what they end up costing us.

Anonymous

• Do they REALLY work for just pennies?

In this day and age?

I don't see how we can be sure.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 9:05 PM on May. 3, 2010

• A report I looked up on yesterday (sorry, I wish I could remember the link) said their contribution to the GDP was estimated to be slightly negative (but fairly close to zero).

But that was before some 45 billion in taxes and government money that went to them. So overall, their effect is negative on our economy.
    Anonymous

• Considering all the freebies they scam off of the government, I don't think that is too hard to figure out. And I doubt they work for pennies. And frankly, I would be glad to pay a bit more for fresh produce if I knew that an American had a job picking it.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 9:42 PM on May. 3, 2010

• Take a family of 4.

Two kids in school. That is approx. $20,000 a year in benefits. If ESL classes, add $4000 more a year. Add in free lunches, and in my area, free breakfasts as well. So far, they get $25,000 in free benefits a year. If the kids qualify for Medicaid, add $200 a month per child = $29,800 in free benefits in one year. That doesn't even include the benefits they attain in government maintained highways, parks, fire department, public library, free health department checks, etc.

Assuming they don't work under the table, the amount of tax they would pay would be negligible compared to the benefits given. If they do work under the table, they are not contributing a dime.

47% of Americans who file taxes don't pay a thing in Federal Tax. It's extremely unlikely that illegal aliens are paying taxes in any amount that equals the benefits they receive.
    Anonymous

• Ok sorry... if they are ILLEGAL, I don't care if they are paying into the tax system or not... they are ILLEGAL and do not deserve to get ANYTHING until they go through the proper channels to become citizens!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 10:39 PM on May. 3, 2010

• I've read some of ur damn replies and most of them are so damn ignorant...

29again
    Considering all the freebies they scam off of the government, I don't think that is too hard to figure out. And I doubt they work for pennies. And frankly, I would be glad to pay a bit more for fresh produce if I knew that an American had a job picking it.
    precious_bebis

Answer by precious_bebis at 12:04 AM on May. 4, 2010

• Oooh yes correct because they are so willing to give a fake ssn or stolen ssn to a gov't office to get aide. Um to get medicaid you need more then just a ssn.

Take a family of 4. Two kids in school. That is approx. $20,000 a year in benefits. If ESL classes, add $4000 more a year. Add in free lunches, and in my area, free breakfasts as well. So far, they get $25,000 in free benefits a year. If the kids qualify for Medicaid, add $200 a month per child = $29,800 in free benefits in one year. That doesn't even include the benefits they attain in government maintained highways, parks, fire department, public library, free health department checks, etc.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on May. 4, 2010

• If the children are anchor babies, they are eligible for Medicaid. If they are not, you still have the family getting a least $25,000 a year in free benefits. Even children who are illegal can still get immunizations and health care at county health clinics for free, and many schools offer immunizations, hearing tests, health screening, and even dental checks for free.

The schools in our area don't require parental ID to enroll the kids. They want copies of shot records, which are easy to obtain (free immunizations at county health clinics) or easy to fake (copy someone else's, white out name, add child's name, copy again.)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on May. 4, 2010