How do I go about eating healthier when I didn't ever have to do it before so now it is hard to get on the heaslthy stuff and off the not so healthy stuff. Thing is if I could lose some of this belly fat then I could start eating whatever I wanted again. I don't have a problem when I eat I can't gain anything I just can't seem to lose the baby weight from 2 kids so how can I go about this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:58 PM on May. 3, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• My hubby and I just joined www.sparkpeople.com Once you get the hang of it it's really a great tool and the best part is it's free! We thought we were doing pretty good but once we started entering in the foods we'd been eating we were really surprised at how many calories etc. we were eating in one day. It's not about a diet, at least for us, it's a lifestyle change and we're learning a lot about reading labels and making healthier choices.

Anonymous

• Self disipline and a good diet works wonders
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 9:00 PM on May. 3, 2010

• You need a lifestyle change. Eating that stuff can kill you. You will gain the weight back if you go back to eating crap.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 9:08 PM on May. 3, 2010

• It's kind of a lifestyle change. If you go back to eating whatever you want, the weight is going to come back on.
    Anonymous

• OP HERE: no matter how much I eat I don't gain anything that is why I figured if I could lose the wight that I have now (only because of 2 pregnancies) then after I get back to 120 pounds I figured I could stop dieting. I have a high mutazalizime
    Anonymous

• oh---
    cutting the chemicals from your food (and your coke) can help you with your weight and your longevity!!!!
    not only will you be thinner for your children, but you will love longer too!!!
    like other posters said, maybe it is time for a lifestyle change!!!
    best of luck to you!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:35 PM on May. 3, 2010

• omg I am JUST like you. Wow. I don't know though, I'm struggling with the same thing. Should we try the weight watchers snack foods? lol I have no idea, good luck though!!
    thisloveofmine

Answer by thisloveofmine at 11:09 PM on May. 3, 2010

• . To get to and maintain a healthy weight, and set a great example for your kids, you need a healthy lifestyle.
    I would start with simple changes.
    Don’t buy junk food
    Walk, or do other exercise, for at least 20 minutes a day, at least 3 times a week.
    Make sure that you are drinking enough water, at least 8 8oz glasses a day.
    Eat an apple or big pile of veggies before meals.
    Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, in at least 3 different colors.
    Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains a day.
    Eat at least two servings of legumes a day.
    Cut way back on meat and dairy.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:18 AM on May. 4, 2010