what is the youngest a child can lose his or her teeth? How do you know when they will start to lose them? How will I know if they are lose?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:00 PM on May. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

• Every child is different, though I think normally it's about 6 or so. My 4 yr old has lost 3 bottom, middle teeth in the last 6 mos. 2 of them in one week! & he already has 2 permanent teeth in their place.
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 9:44 PM on May. 3, 2010

• I think the average age is around 6 or 7, but some start earlier and some later. You can check them when you help your child brush and floss by trying to wiggle each tooth with your finger. Teeth are usually lost in the same order that they came in. So if the first tooth they got was the bottom front right one, then usually that will be the first one to go.
    Anonymous

• Around 6 years old is average, although I have heard of kids as young as 4 yrs old losing them. When they are loose you can wiggle them with your finger. Often you will see your child wiggling it with their tongue :-)
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 11:03 PM on May. 3, 2010

• my middle dd started losing hers when she was 5. oldest didn't lose any until she was 6.5
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 11:10 PM on May. 3, 2010

• It can happen as early as 5. Check out www.mouthpower.org which is sponsored by the American Dental Association. It teaches all about teeth and the kids can play the fun games.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:59 AM on May. 4, 2010