I need help please....Thing is I want to lose my babyweight from my 2.5 year old and 5 year old, but I cannot for the life of me give up coca-cola no matter how much I try

that is all I drink is coke everyonce in a while I will drink water or juice (Koolaid), but not really, I was 120 before having kids I am 138 now and I cannot seem to lose the weight I think most of it is because I can't stop drinking my mom. No matter how much I try I can't stop. The thing is I will tell DH not to by me any or to by me 1-2 then if that is gone not to buy me anymore you know like trying to wean myself off, but then I will get like bitchy so DH will then give in and get me some pop and hand it to me saying here now stop being so bitchy lol. So how can I wean myself if I don't really want to give it up? I have to though because I know it isn't good for my body and I need to lose weight.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:08 PM on May. 3, 2010 in Health

• I am a Pepsi fanatic - so I know what you're going through, I never thought I would be able to live without it either. However, I had gestational diabetes with 3 out of my 4 previous pregnancies and now have it with my 5th - I can't have it! And I've found that you do get used to the taste of diet with time. Have you tried the Coke Zero, or Pepsi One? Also, I have found that diet caffeine free Mountain Dew taste better to me than any of the diet Colas. You can find substitutes, it's just a matter of how bad you want it!

Answer by missanc at 9:37 AM on May. 4, 2010

• i drink diet coke and i lost weight so don't people tell you that you can not ive lost 15 pounds and i drink it alot
    nakita72

Answer by nakita72 at 9:10 PM on May. 3, 2010

• try switching to caffiene free. maybe the addiction to the caffiene is whats messing you up. or look for a brand with less calories/sugar/caffiene. they say how many mg are in each bottle/can/serving...
    coralbeth

Answer by coralbeth at 9:14 PM on May. 3, 2010

• OP HERE: I can't stand the caffine free and I really can't stand anything diet
    Anonymous

• you could try cutting back slowly, drink one less a day until you are down to one a day. even this will make a difference in your weight. try as hard as you can to substitute with water. you can add lemon or lime slices to your water for flavor. imo, diet coke is worse for you than regular coke, so i would not try that. coralbeth has a good idea about it being the caffeine you are wanting. do you work out at all? sometimes for some people a walk or jog in the morning can be very invigorating.
    keep coming back here for support, we will cheer you on!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:32 PM on May. 3, 2010

• lol i have this same exact problem, what i do is workout more.. lol there are druggies, and alcoholics and us coke drinkers lmao my older brother used to say for every coke u drink, drink 5 glasses of water, just an idea
    navajomama7

Answer by navajomama7 at 12:32 AM on May. 4, 2010

• You're talking in the negative, " I cannot for the life of me give up coca-cola " "I really can't stand anything diet" The more you keep saying it, it becomes true! You CAN stop drinking it - stop buying it. Look honey, this is a choice. If someone said your childs life was guaranteed as long as you never had another Coke, would you never drink it again? Of course. So this isn't a matter of can't stop, it's I choose to not make myself. I get that you don't like anything else, what would you have done if it never existed? It's a matter of choosing to not give over your power to a drink!, & deciding that you do like other things. Grab a mineral water, or juice, but seriously, to say you can't stop is using a childish excuse to hide the "I won't make myself" in your heart. & tell DH he'll have to put up with bitchy for a few days. It's worth it

myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 4:51 AM on May. 4, 2010

• work out you can drink the soda and still work out! I get it the Coca-cola thing I am the same way! I love a good old coke. Just try to limit the amount you drink and work out!
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 5:44 AM on May. 4, 2010

• Ok.. I'm going to be a snarky little twit.. sorry...

Stop whining and making excuses! If you REALLY wanted to lose weight, you'd do anything necessary to do so. If it was really important to you, you'd stop whining and making excuses and follow through with it.
    Why do you think the contestants on the Biggest Loser end up getting so large? They make excuses and make poor choices with food. I'm not saying you are going to end up 500 lbs- but, you have the same thought processes that they do.
    I quit cold turkey about a year ago. I went at least 9 months without a coke or diet coke. Now, I might have one once every couple of months. I drank several diet cokes last week on vacation in Florida, but I also work out 6 days a week. I run almost 4 miles several days a week as well as lift weights and do other workouts.
    Stop buying them and drink water with lemon.
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 9:05 AM on May. 4, 2010