How do you pray? When do you pray?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:08 PM on May. 3, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't formally pray but a few times a week. Everyday I keep up a kind of conversation with God. Whenever something comes to me that I want to tell him, I just tell him and that's a prayer. Like earlier on the way to work I saw an older lady walking home and it was getting ready to rain and i just asked that she make it home safe before the rain. I didn't know her and I will probably never meet her but I wanted to say a prayer for her. No getting down on my knees, I just said it there and then.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:13 PM on May. 3, 2010

• Prayer is or should be an ongoing thing. It's walking and talking with the Father. I try to pray once (formally) each day and stay in conversation with God all the day long.
    GMMOLLY

Answer by GMMOLLY at 12:12 AM on May. 4, 2010

• I pray in different ways but all the time. I'm not sure what you mean by how you pray. I pray traditional prayers like the Our Father, Hail Mary, and the rosary. I also just pray using my own words as they come to me. I often say prayers of thanks for a variety of different things throughout my day.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:28 PM on May. 4, 2010

• I pray in secret, daily, and I use the prayer Yahshua gives us in the NT. Blessings..
    Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 12:04 AM on May. 5, 2010

• I pray 5 times a day.

I pray after I have washed away impurities

"O you who believe! when you rise up for prayer, wash your faces and your hands as far as the elbows, and wipe your heads, and wash your feet to the ankles." - (Holy Quran 5:7)

I pray how Jesus, peace be upon him, prayed

"O You who believe! bow down and prostrate yourselves and serve your lord, and do good that you may prosper." - (Holy Quran 22:77)

"And he (Jesus) went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed..." - (Matt 26:39).

I pray towards the Northeast
    GDIMOM

Answer by GDIMOM at 11:27 PM on May. 5, 2010