What do you think of the possibility of no protestants being on the supreme court?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:10 PM on May. 3, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't think religion should matter in cases of consideration of members or existing members. It's a little thing referred to as seperation of church and state.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 9:12 PM on May. 3, 2010

• I think if random twists of fate make it so it happens to be that way - fine.

But it should definitely NOT be a screen for whether or not someone can be on it.
    Anonymous

• why does everyone say separation of church and state... that's not in the constitution.
    Anonymous

• Um why ban any religion from it? Atheists, Christians, Muslims, Buddhists, Pagans... it shouldn't matter. What it comes down to is the ability to judge fairly and without bias.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 9:28 PM on May. 3, 2010

• Honestly, the only reason I think a persons religion should matter when being considered as a Supreme Court Justice is if they have historically used their religion to make their decisions. For example, if an Atheist (not saying Atheists are bad) has historically made decisions AGAINST religious people just because they don't agree with it. But, I don't think religion can be the only thing that can cause this kind of bias.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 9:35 PM on May. 3, 2010

• The only thing that should matter is are they Constitutionalists? Will they rule as the Constitution is written not what they think it should say?

oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 7:49 AM on May. 4, 2010

• I'm more concerned with no Atheists being on the Supreme Court. We NEED some.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:58 AM on May. 4, 2010

• Answered at 8:58 AM on May. 4, 2010 by: IhartU
    I'm more concerned with no Atheists being on the Supreme Court. We NEED some

Believe it or not I agree with this.
    oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 9:02 AM on May. 4, 2010

• don't care
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 5:58 PM on May. 4, 2010