Does any of you "Health Nuts/ eat clean/ect" not like cooking?

I would love to "eat clean" became a vegetarian or something.. but GOSH all the recipes seems like I would spend a lot of time in the kitchen.
I already spend ENOUGH time in the kitchen with my boxed mac-n-cheese & shake-n-bake pork chops! :0( Is there no hope for me!

When dh gets off work we usually go & have family time at the park & walk together. by the time we get home I dont have time/dont feel like spending another 1hr+ in the kitchen. I feel like i have to make a choice exersize with my family or fix wholesome meals.

Any tips for a Newbie?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:16 PM on May. 3, 2010 in Health

• I hate, loath, detest and depise cooking. I love my family more than I hate cooking, so I prepare healthy meatless meals and snacks for them. I rarely spend more than 20 minutes on dinner. I use frozen chopped vegetables, I cook large batches of brown rice and freeze in meal sized portions, I occasionally use my slowcooker.
    Send me a message offlist, and I will be happy to forward some great recipes to you.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:31 AM on May. 4, 2010

• I hate cooking and I'm a vegan. I make stuff ahead of time because I know on certain days I don't feel like cooking. Maybe cut family time in half. That exercising isn't going to do anything if you keep eating crap.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 9:19 PM on May. 3, 2010

• What is "eat clean"? I saw it in another post today, but hadn't heard of it before that.

Anonymous

• eating clean is based on a lot of raw fruits and veggies too.

the only things I really cook (and I do love to cook....I was a chef in my previous life - aka before kids) are dinner and breakfast

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 9:42 PM on May. 3, 2010

• Why is it called eating clean though? Is raw food somehow cleaner than cooked food?

Anonymous

• eating clean means that you don't eat preservatives - as close to natural as possible. fruits, veggies, whole grains, lean meats.

no KD, fast food, processed anything really.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 10:42 PM on May. 3, 2010

• http://www.eatcleandiet.com/about_the_diet/what_is_eating_clean.aspx
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 10:44 PM on May. 3, 2010

• Thanks, hyper. Sorry,op, I didn't really mean to hijack your post.

Anonymous

• :) message me if you want more info...
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 11:08 PM on May. 3, 2010

• Im vegitarian and I love to cook but some days I eat nothing but kashi and almond milk and fruit and greek yougurt with salad. There is always pasta with tomato or pesto sauces, burritos with beans, rice, and veggies (this dosnt take long at all to make), Try making hummus and make a bunch of variations..sun dried tomatos, jalapino and cilantro... I love this website and there are a bunch of easy recipys on it www.vegweb.com.
    Casarah13

Answer by Casarah13 at 11:42 PM on May. 3, 2010