More Polls show Americans in favor of Arizona Immigration Bill. Thoughts?

Bellwether Research, shows 62 percent support for Arizona’s law

CBS, Fifty-one percent of those surveyed say the law, which critics say essentially mandates racial profiling, takes the right approach, and nine percent say it should go even further.

The Angus Reid-Seven in 10 U.S. adults support arresting people who can't prove they're in the United States legally

Gallup:More than three-quarters of Americans have heard about the state of Arizona's new immigration law, and of these, 51% say they favor it and 39% oppose it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:16 PM on May. 3, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I live in Tucson the a "Mexican" area of the city. I am against the law and am embarassed that Arizona passed such a law. I've seen no evidence of Mexicans causing any problems or crimes. The crimes shown on the news are almost all involving Whites. I've seen no evidence of Mexican drug dealers. I feel safe in my home alone even at night with the door unlocked.  

The people that are more of a problem in Tucson are homeless White people that live in parks during the days because the police can't stop them.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 9:29 PM on May. 3, 2010

• Gailll- I figured as much.Thanks for your "Local" perspective.

But WOW- a whopping 51%. What happened to the other 10%? Maybe the cat got their tongues?
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 9:32 PM on May. 3, 2010

• Taking things that don't belong to you IS NOT cool.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 9:36 PM on May. 3, 2010

• Most Americans have a sense of "fair", and illegals don't play fair. Illegal is against the law. What's that phrase, so easy a caveman can do it???? Yeah, it is that simple.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 9:47 PM on May. 3, 2010

• LMAO...I was watching Morning Joe a couple weeks ago and they were SHOCKED that Americans are over this ILLEGAL activity being condoned.
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 9:59 PM on May. 3, 2010

• Do you think anyone in D.C. will listen to the people about this. Doubt it. why listen to the people of the country now?
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:18 PM on May. 3, 2010

• I am 100% FOR it and wish ALL States would start upholding laws like this that are ALREADY on the books!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 10:22 PM on May. 3, 2010

• Once again, popular doesn't always mean right.
    DEpley

Answer by DEpley at 11:02 PM on May. 3, 2010

Case in Point--- Obama
    Anonymous

• 70% in AZ are in favor of it and that lady in Tucson must be living under a rock I see this crap all the time. YES I am in AZ and I am for the new law. Sleeping with your door unlocked in Tucson? nut job!
    Anonymous