Babysitting fees?

What would you charge for babysitting 3 kids under the age of 3? The hours would be early morning until lunch (7 hours) one day a week. I was thinking $3 an hour, but was told that was to cheap, so what would you feel is a fair amount to charge? Also, would it matter if she was a single mom supporting the family alone?

mom-2-4boys

Asked by mom-2-4boys at 9:49 PM on May. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I'd do it for $3 if she was a single mom, unless she got a lot of money in her pay check! lol. I would try to help her out because I know that it must be terrribly hard trying to take care of everything by yourself.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 9:55 PM on May. 3, 2010

• 21 dollars?watching Three kids under the age of three is worth alot more that three dollars a hour. We pay our sitter min wage which is 8 dollars a hour in our state. But thats just for one child.
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 9:57 PM on May. 3, 2010

• I pay minimum wage for my three kids...
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 10:14 PM on May. 3, 2010

• OP here--I am meeting with the family tomorrow, I want to be fair with the fees is why I am asking. I am guessing mom makes minimum wage (not sure about dad) so I don't want to charge too much.
    mom-2-4boys

Answer by mom-2-4boys at 10:19 PM on May. 3, 2010

• Tht only ends up being a dollar a kid. Come on you can charge more then tht and still not go over board... I say at least 5 bucks an hour...
    Anonymous

• I think 3$ per hour per child. 9x7= 63 dollars a week sounds fair to me. Or round down to 60$
    Anonymous