Father trying avoid paternity suit

My baby father is moving to England to avoid taking a paternity test. He currently quit his job and i recently married to woman in England. I have very limited income and child support would come in handy. Does anaybody know or ever dealt with an international paternity test and would it cost me money out of pocket? And I know he is the father but since he isn't currently working will they take money from his wife to pay for child support? Any info or suggestions would be apperciated. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:52 PM on May. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• from experience: his wife has NOTHING to do with what he pays you. I do not know they will do about him moving to England, not quite sure how that will work.
    Suggestion: GET A LAWYER ... things seem like they will get very complicating and hard.
    But something to consider: if it's possible, don't go after him at all - if he's not willing to cooperate, you will be wasting your time taking him to court b/c he will most likely not take care of what the judge tells him. Talk with a lawyer, they will tell you what is best.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 10:48 PM on May. 3, 2010

• His wife's income isn't included in calculating child support. A father can be ordered to get a job and to pay support even if he doesn't have a job. That would probably com from the wife. I would find a lawyer and get an order to get the test before he can leave the country. Collecting may be a problem.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 9:57 PM on May. 3, 2010

• Um his wife has nothing to do with it, they can't take her money. All you can do is go to your local child support enforcement and see what they can do. They will eventually go to court w/o him, I think. If he never gets a job and solely lives off of his wife's income there is nothing you can do.
    Anonymous