Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If your employer doesn't provide medical, where do you get it?


Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 9:58 PM on May. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

Answers (5)
  • You ask and independent insurance agent to write you an individual policy or you can get a discount policy that will discount pharacueticals, doctor visits, etc.

    Answer by lowencope at 10:02 PM on May. 3, 2010

  • You have to buy private insurance.

    Some people can't get jobs because they can't find a job that provides good insurance, they can't afford private insurance, and thier kids have to be on Medicaid or die. There are a lot of these parents on a rare disease website I answer questions on. My 3 children, now adults, all have a rare (expensive) genetic disease.


    Answer by Gailll at 10:05 PM on May. 3, 2010

  • You buy it yourself or go without. Right now, going without is way cheaper than trying to afford those monthly payments.

    Answer by Pnukey at 10:10 PM on May. 3, 2010

  • I don't have anything. I pay cash when I am sick. I paid cash for my root canl and tooth extraction. Paid cash for my doctor visit and my antibiotic when i was sick....

    Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:15 PM on May. 3, 2010

  • We have a relatively inexpensive catastrophic plan. For a family of four it's just over $200 a month. To go with that, we have a tax-free HSA that we can use for any medical expense, such as appointments, meds, dentist and even some routine items at the drugstore. The money is ours to use whenever and it doesn't expire.

    Answer by MonicaE521 at 11:13 PM on May. 3, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Just for Fun
Babysitting fees?